Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Getting Over It is destroying my elbow so I’ll drop it. It really needs a lot of desk space to play it.

it’s like hammerfight, you can tweak the sensitivity

Yeah, but have not found a sensitivity that doesn’t end with the mouse going all around the desk. Game’s nice, but not worth hurting my elbow.

1 Like

Bennett did say he wanted to hurt you

7 Likes

I am pretty good at Getting Over It.

I’m trying the iOS version on my iPad for ergonomic reasons and it seems like the most unergonomic touch game ever as well, I can feel my finger developing a weird strain as I play it (probably I’m pressing hard for no reason, but I doubt I’ll be able to relax).

Also in the back of my mind is a question as to what extent I’m terrible at it because the game is not designed for touch UI, even though I’m sure I would be bad with a mouse as well.

I made 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 paperclips.

2 Likes

It’s a good, relatively short idle progression game. Highly recommended by me, a guy who plays idling games far more than he should.

1 Like

I’m at the last boss of Songbringer, and am officially ready to give this game my seal of approval.

There’s a couple mysterious caves and rooms and items that I still haven’t found a purpose for, but apparently they’re waiting to hook into future updates. So I’ll probably give it a couple months then go for a second playthrough in another seed.

2 Likes

Cool! I was curious but “waiting” for nothing in particular

1 Like

Getting Over It is seriously threatening the other GOTY candidates in my head. I’ve been writing down all the thoughts I’ve had while playing.

2 Likes

Found it, is turning on the trackpad mode so it cancel the acceleration the game has.

yeah seriously! it’s really surprising to me but also I don’t know if I’ve enjoyed the act of playing a game more this year? which probably says more about what I’ve played than anything but

1 Like

I played for like an hour and decided I must be the person he wanted to hurt

3 Likes

The locomotion feels great, plus it’s genuinely motivating. I love the song interludes and quotes when you fail.

1 Like

I’ve played for two hours and only now got far enough that I started to feel discouraged but up until then I’ve been laughing at every mistake I make. Don’t search for this game on youtube, don’t do it.

3 Likes

I’ve played for about 4 and the dialogue makes me think I’m close to the end although I’m not sure how close. The longest I was stuck was the cliff with the orange (which I probably tried and fell from 30+ times until I finally understood what I was supposed to learn there).

I play it in quick spurts until I get frustrated and then do something else for a while until I cool down.

I still have not gotten past the cliff but I haven’t played in a month or so

I have officially Gotten Over It with Bennet Foddy!

7 Likes