Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Beers of War was early SB canon, yeah.

1 Like

one of these days Iā€™ll play my copy of Quantum Theory and then weā€™ll all see who is the real gear of war

1 Like

my $300 LENOVO EXPLORER is A++++ for playing superhot and rez infinite, Iā€™m pleased as punch

what other VR games should I get other than echo arena and keep calm and nobody explodes and overload??? because those are the five I have

I also only had to move one chair to get a 5 x 7 foot play area in my apartment, which was pretty good, though itā€™s both at the very end of the cable slack and features extremely dangerous play area boundaries

If you can somehow get your hands on Robo Recall thatā€™s my favorite shooter. Space Pirate Trainer is also neat.

The Lab demos are fun to try out.

Rec Room is a fun hangout with the caveat that itā€™s a hangout.

Thumper and Project Cars are both greatly enhanced.

For advanced (read: nauseating) VR, check out Windlands.

Bridge Crew is depressing.

also, I must have a pretty big noggin, because this thing is like one half-turn away from not fitting on my head

I can run oculus stuff through the magic of two separate compatibility shims (revive + windows mixed realityā€™s steamVR support) but robo recall is pretty expensive if you donā€™t get it for free with an actual riftā€¦

Thatā€™s a shame about the cost, but good to know about MR!

There doesnā€™t appear to be library sharing but any of yā€™all are welcome to borrow my Oculus account.

This looked pretty great:

I know very little about SoundSelf except that itā€™s been a convention staple within a (smaller) VR yurt and is akin to a spirit quest. Looks like itā€™s a con staple because development has taken a while:
http://soundselfgame.com/

1 Like

awesome, that almost seems like itā€™d be wasted without an audience

I am not big on meditative experiences but that will help me get it on some friendsā€™ heads

Fighters Megamix (or Sega Fighters Megamix) is so cool and weird.

4 Likes

hoo buddy I got sucked into danganronpa. beat the first one. what a fkn ride. starting the second one.

4 Likes

Hell yes. Please pm me your thoughts case to case so i can read them with glee!

seduced by garegga2016

What a finely engineered piece of entertainment software

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing Nier: Automata. I know thereā€™s a thread specifically about that game but I understand that there are things in the game that can be spoiled so Iā€™ve avoided reading about it.

So far, I am pretty impressed. I like the dynamic music and the way that a lot of things are confusing but become clearer right about when youā€™re ready to start paying attention to them.

I think itā€™s funny how, in the introduction, the play style rapidly changes three or four times. I donā€™t know how long the game is, but Iā€™ve been playing for a while now and I havenā€™t seen another twin-stick shooter segment other than those few seconds in the intro.

5 Likes

OK yeah everyone buy one of these next time it goes on sale

itā€™s really affordable and low overhead (just the one USB + DP cable, no base stations, no overhead straps, full body tracking) and it works suuuuuper well

using a windows MR headset with steamVR or oculus is kind of awkward (most of the in-headset navigation menus are basically unusable and all of the apps start up at once whenever you start doing anything so youā€™re better off just launching everything with the mouse and keyboard from your desk before putting the headset on, but itā€™s visor style so it just flips down!) but the tracking is flawless

still sweaty though

1 Like

also echo arena is really good and I havenā€™t seen too many people talking about it

I hung like three separate VR platform runtimes twice in my efforts to launch it ā€œthe right wayā€ which is not surprising as itā€™s running via an oculus -> steamvr -> windows mr shimchain but it does actually work and is free!

between this and playing splatoon with a ds4 Iā€™m somehow back in a golden age of janky windows vidcon shims

Horde mode in Gears 2 is the best horde mode of that generation. Everything else about it was mediocre.

1 Like

also surprised and delighted at how basically good vr feels to me, given that Iā€™m prone to motion sickness, much more a multitasker than a deep immersion person, and donā€™t even like having to wear contacts all that much, yet the experience is totally pleasant and intuitive and not draining

1 Like

Hey Felix play this

4 Likes