Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I finished Steamworld Heist today. I think it’s a good game.

In hindsight, maybe I should have played at a higher difficulty than “Regular.” It seemed to be at its best when things were tense and almost overwhelming but then I managed to complete the objective and escape while still being pursued.

I mean, I paid fifty or so for the JPN version and once I have a paycheck, will gladly be buying the US version. I have a problem.

Also man I love changing bullet colors.

Man I want that Garegga port so bad but i just don’t want to shell out for a this-gen console.

I consoled myself by hooking up my saturn (still works!) and playing it (and Batsugun special version) on a flipped CRT with a VF stick.8)

:fu: U 21st century

8 Likes

i tried playing steins gate for an hour and it was really, really cringe-y and hard to sit through. uninstalled

4 Likes

You did the right thing.

Come on man you only had to suffer 9 more hours to unlock the time travel story!

Listen not to this tempter, for that way lies sin.

3 Likes

If you can’t escape a pit you may as well have company.

Honestly my feelings on the series have gotten more complicated. I though Zero was fantastic but for it to have emotional ressonance or engagement you absolutely have to slog through Steins;Gate which is frequently unsufferable anime garbage for long stretches.

The only reason I got through is because Kurt Kulata and he tweeted that he fucking hated every character and it’s dumb anime bullshit. Six hours later he tweeted Holy Shit Steins;Gate is fucking great.

This is no dissimilar from my experience but I give it slightly less of a pass on how bad the anime parts are.

There is an absolute writing shift in Zero that improves it incredibly. You in fact go back to S;G during it and everyone acts like they did in that one and I went “holy lord I hate this.”

More S;G thoughts a different time.

1 Like

I will play steins gate if I ever get a vita.

1 Like

A Japanese player challenged me to FT10 today in Puyo. I won 10-6.
Their rank is only slightly lower than mine, so it felt satisfying to have a pretty even match

2 Likes

hey so phoenix wright was def the right choice in my quest to play a visual novel rn, i’m on the 4th case and really enjoying it. finding myself thinking abt it from time to time when i’m not playing it. the characters are likeable and the cases make me think a lil which is pleasant!

2 Likes

Is this your first time playing the series? In my opinion it hasn’t gotten better than the first game, which I feel they nailed 100%. The DS bonus chapter is also pretty good, though unnecessary. While I haven’t enjoyed an Ace Attorney game more than the first, Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations are also super good.

999 is also one of my favorite games ever, and now that I think about it, the DS is home to some fantastic VNs

1 Like

I played a good chunk of it in like, 2009 or so? but my memory is bad enough that it’s all new again to me. I got the trilogy of the first 3 games on 3ds, so I’ll at least check out those first two sequels. I also really like the feeling of playing a gba game, but slightly updated? not really sure how to put it into words but it’s nice. like I feel like the game isn’t over or under complicated, it just works well.

I played 999 back in that same time period and remember liking it. same with hotel dusk. I think I played trace memory then, too? what else does the ds have?

highlights from the KOF98 lobby

2 Likes

i’m publicly shaming @HOBO

6 Likes

I’ve been playing retro game challenge 2. Im probably gonna try and beat wizman.

ohhh i been playing this the last two weeks. i suck at fighting games :frowning:

Wish I had gotten pc version of xrd. for frenz play. Lonely time.

You should definitely play with me some time

something about playing regular matches with a foreign player is really endearing. I wish I was able to talk to this dude

8 Likes