Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

i bought gunman clive because it was $2 on the eshop. i never heard of it before that. it’s a very bland game but i got my $2 worth. i like the chicken mode.

Been playing Golf Story, it’s charming but toothless so far. The golf is fun! The music is pretty good.

Also Puyo Puyo vs. Tetris. Turns out: I am bad at both!

Oh yeah i got a switch also

2 Likes

I had a 3DS at the time. It really wasn’t in full swing. I don’t even think Shovel Knight was out yet.

I haven’t played much of it yet but Eternium is a fun little ftp hack and slash so far.

I think I am near the end of Steamworld Heist. The story is nothing special but it doesn’t get in the way. I haven’t played a tactical RPG in a while, and this has similar appeal for me.

Next, I’m going to have to try Steamworld Dig 2. I liked the first game.

I replayed Contra 3 for the first time in years and had to burn through 3 continues to beat the game on even normal difficulty. Good grief I feel so rusty.

Picked up Yakuza 0 yesterday, and I don’t think I get it. I’ve only put in a couple of hours, granted, but so far I am aggressively uninterested in the story, and most of the mechanics are sailing right over my head to the point where I’m getting said head served to me by the random street thugs.

I don’t know what I expected Blood of Bahamut to be but mission based touch screen sloppy action game with the world’s worst dash mechanic was a surprise.

But it’s an RPG with an inability to dodge because of the worlds worst dash mechanic.

Rest of the world it was okay you didn’t get this one OR Soma Bringer OR Archaic Seal Heat. Feel like there is at least one more moderate profile DS RP-Magical Vacation.

The World Ends With You was the only good touchbased JRPG for the DS come at me.

Severed on the Vita is like the best execution of a bad idea along these lines. Lines that you make with your finger or stylus.

Edit the only English review of this game sure is something

I honestly wasn’t aware there was competition on this point.

I think he is hoping someone has an alternative, but no, there is not one.

using MGSV being on PS+ as an excuse to try and get back into this version of MGO, not going great

1 Like

Danganronpa V3’s unwillingness to actually follow its ideas all the way through, providing a convenient out for the player and tacking on an epilogue which rips out the substance of the last act is… Actually, it’s very Danganronpa. In the end it knows it’s toothless, because that’s what the audience wants.

If you are like me and you felt like you got everything you needed from the second game, it’s not worth your time to play V3. There’s a good idea in here but the execution is botched.

You mean the postcredits scene? I did feel it was a bit cowardly, but not that it negates everything that came before it. A lot of people got majorly pissed off for all the right reasons, the idea of churning a sequel after sequel and regurgitating the same ideas over and over again is ridiculed so thoroughly that I don’t care for any potential new installment, the ending involves rejecting the entire concept behind the game and having to actually stop playing it. If anything, I prefer to read the postcredits scene as a sad reminder that yeah, this story has ran its course but has to continue because that’s the rules of the business, so now I should look for something more.

I mean, I wish Ace Attorney ever gave me that kind of release.

Gran Turismo Sport limited time demo is kind of a disaster so far. Remember that this is the e-sports version of Gran Turismo, therefore the bulk of the game requires an Internet connection and is either spent in official races held every 20 minutes, or in player-created lobbies.

Except… so far it doesn’t seem anyone has actually gotten the list of lobbies to load, and as for the official matches, lots of people including myself are running into issues where matchmaking either throws a networking error or stalls on a black screen until you quit out of the game. But this is an e-sport, so naturally, you have a sportsmanship rating that drops if you quit out of the game. There are also a bunch of wacky bugs, like you can only go into the settings menu to change your controls or units to metric if you’re offline, otherwise the whole game crashes.

This is a horrible first impression and it helps validate the fears of everyone who was skeptical of a Gran Turismo game that primarily revolves around online play. Hopefully this is just old code or due to server load, because the game comes out in a week.

1 Like

My memory is fuzzy, but this sounds similar to the issues Driveclub had. Yikes.

Second verse, same as the first. Both dev companies are subsidiaries of Sony (although Driveclub’s got disbanded in 2015) so you’d think that there would have been some cross-pollination when it went all terribly wrong the first time through.

My frustration is that they picked up on the angles I expected, but defensively set up layers of abstraction to get away from confronting the player directly about their involvement. The disconnect between the player’s actions and the player character’s actions is interesting, but the way it’s used feels like they lacked the conviction to follow their own concepts through to the end.

Anyway, it’s an interesting resolution. They should announce a direct sequel to complete the joke.

1 Like

Picked up the new Battle Garegga release on PS4. Been a long time since I have played it and cobbled together a decent go at it with Miyamoto.

The port is really good and the rank graph is really freaking cool.

2 Likes

Luckily, GT Sport went into maintenance while I was writing that post and when it came back, a lot of the issues were fixed!

1 Like

forty whole dollars tho. but it is delicious and the rank graph is the best part. I am hype to get a rotating monitor next week so I can actually see what i’m doing

We should have a hiscore thread

In other news I play a lot of guilty gear these days

1 Like