Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

i’m playing iidx daily again, trying to really break into 11s. i’m passing a few here and there but tons of them are still incomprehensible to me

i’m very good at wave race 64 now

6 Likes

Got Nano Assault EX for free from that My Nintendo thing and… it’s like the only other Shin’en game I’ve owned–Iridion 3D–real impressive looking but play-wise pretty bland. I guess people are pretty into the Fast Racing Neo games though?

2 Likes

Thus begin the exploits of Bluppo and Scrup
They are gay, and also girlfriends

8 Likes

how many dads did it take to write this game

10 Likes

I chuckled at both of those.

Telekinesis is probably the most handy skill in the game and also can lead to much hilarity.

Plugged in my Wii yesterday for the first time in forever and was kind of astonished at how many VC games I bought back when.

What was i, made of money or something?

Anyway, I had an enjoyable hour playing and failing miserably at Gleylancer, Fantasy Zone II, and Soldier Blade.

My STG skills have clearly atrophied past the point of no return but I still dig 'em.

2 Likes

augh i got this when they did a 3ds humble bundle that time, and it’s awful. and that shooting game they did on the original ds was also awful.
and they’re still around in a world where cave staff are doomed to phonegame hell

1 Like

I’ll admit that I finished Monster Tale last night shrieking like a maniac while sitting on the toilet. I’m also not ashamed to admit I bought Monster Tale partly on the strength of its title screen music and the fact that I have an affection for Tamagotchis.

Like an actual Tamagotchi, Monster Tale is equally as fussy and inexplicable. Its systems are varied and inevitably distracting from the main business of murdering monsters to save monsters from monsters (childen). I won’t waste your time reminding you of the obvious parallells here but what’s interesting is the game’s unflinching analysis regarding the cruelty children inflict on one another. It’s a complicated scenario involving a whole mess of latch key children who have been shunned from reality for a variety of reasons. One boss kid is a precocious, unlikeable fuck who specializes in robotics and forces monsters into slave labor so that he can “make the difference they said I’d never make back home”. Another boss is a lazy stoner who surfs all day long in a beach kingdom he’s claimed for himself. There’s a sadistic toddler whose pet rabbit is a deranged, zombie-like monster that never blinks (I think). There’s other ones too I’m forgetting but just know they’re all broken, twisted shells of human children hell bent on getting back to reality and murdering their parents.

yeah but: underground monster metal club

oh yea, that area rules so hard.

After hearing a few times that it’s an overlooked gem, I bought Gunman Clive and it’s just a little pile of whatever basic videogame.

1 Like

I finished up Jotun earlier today. I picked up the game on sale ages ago as I thought it looked wonderful, and it does look wonderful. The big boss battles that are the game’s calling card are also fairly well done. The issue is that there is the whole rest of the game. It looks great but it is approaching walking sim levels of thin in the actual levels, almost like the couldn’t figure out what to do with the levels so they just decided not to bother doing anything.

Sundered by them also looks snazzy, but I don’t trust them to handle any of the non-art parts well.

Jotun bored the shit out of me. I gave it like a level and a half.

The game meant more three years ago.

I really don’t get the hype either

Is Gunman Clive really as good as Megaman like peopl were saying?

1 Like

It’s just a nice little game, and was more effective at a time when there wasn’t as much retro stuff on the market.

2 Likes

I feel like at the time of the game’s release the retro revival was in full swing for years, even in Nintendoland.

1 Like

What is hdipi support?

Broke my 3ds joystick replaying Monster Hunter 4U. Could still control with the post that’s still there but that’s a real bummer.