Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Playing Cuphead and is good until I stumbled with the bee boss, which is probably the first really annoying one. Who thought not giving you a hint of where you are if you jump outside the screen was a good idea? Zigzagging missiles are also a pain, but is mostly the dashing outside the screen, landing in a platform outside view and not knowing where you are.

And man, do I miss an option to change my weapons between deaths in a boss battle. Having to go out to the map and then loading the boss again discourage trying different things.

fffffffffffffffuuuuuck this boss

all of her attacks have patterns but going off screen coupled with landing canceling a parry makes things way dumber than they should be and also she still has a hurtbox when she’s reading the spell to turn into a plane and hitboxessssssss

even the fucking Devil felt easier

I got my SNES mini out of the closet and holy moly is the composite scaler in my projector awful. It looks like I’m watching a 3D movie without glasses.

2 Likes

the baby dark one is a Nice Boy, though

I finished Dragon Quest II
It felt bigger, and more sandboxy then the others.

I’ve started Dragon Quest IV
I’m currently on the second chapter.

1 Like

9 Likes

Bomberman on the Gamecube is freaking boring

I finished Samus Returns and it was good.

This weekend I tried the free weekends for CoD:WW2 and Lawbreakers

Yesterday I played the CoD WW2 beta. It was kind of trash, which is unfortunate because they have a few 3/4-executed ideas around the flow and tactics of trench warfare that are kind of interesting. The main issue is that they clearly aren’t ready to ship and haven’t tweaked the maps enough w/r/t bugs or gameplay. Evidence: on several of the maps, i was able to get stuck in geometry within meters of the objective and wound up trapped in a state where i could neither kill nor be killed and just had to wait out the rest of the round. I get that QAing maps can be hard, but it’s a bad sign to still have major geometry bugs near objectives this close to shipping date, especially when ‘open beta’ means ‘demo/publicity’ weekend. Some maps worked well, like one where we had to defend a bunker, where there were no such bugs and the flow and sightlines and navigation worked out so that it was pretty fun. The primary map to play on is all trenches, and there’s a lot of geometry that is ambiguous as to whether it can be vaulted, and the trenches are a little too maze-like so you send squads of 3-4 people to a given point and just accept that some of you are arbitrarily going to get one-shotted by someone with a shotgun around a blind corner. It felt way more loose than some of the previous CoD games I’d played.

I don’t have much to say about Lawbreakers. It’s a B+ descendent of Overwatch with some interesting and some ‘interesting’ movement options and abilities. It’s by no means a bad game but it feels heavily redundant. Given that Cliffy B is behind it, this is disappointing. I usually expect some good game feel and elegant mechanics from his games and this feels floaty and loose and has more meters and counters than are necessary. The art direction is miserable but that’s par for the course.

Date Nighto’s Hustle Cat is a reasonably endearing visual novel but the writing wouldn’t really hold up on its own.

I think/thought that Lawbreakers is pretty okay

then I saw they were patching the game to introduce regenerating health and realized that they don’t even know their own game and are in full on panic mode

1 Like

Yeah, it is pretty ok! I just expected more than ok // it doesn’t justify its existence as being sort-of in between Overwatch (constant ‘hero’ abilities) and Titanfall 2 (modality of hero abilities and wild verticality and movement) but not as good as either.

Gundam Versus is out in the US, and spoilers, it rules. I’m gonna enjoy this couple weeks when matchmaking works.

1 Like

I beat @Bee in the ultimate test of strength and charisma

4 Likes

such incredible likenesses on those avatars

1 Like

you should see mine (i’m ylphr on psn, if anyone ever wants to play)

1 Like

The game’s manual does warn you about golfers younger and more attractive than you :frowning:

3 Likes

yeah i’ll add you!

1 Like

My first gripes with Everybody’s Golf:

1. I’ve played the first course three times and I still have no access to any other course
  2. There’s no boob slider for my character. Let me have this fantasy please

Seriously, though, I think @HOBO secretly wrote the manual for Everybody’s Golf

9 Likes