Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Also I’ve been making my way through MGS V and this whole FOB part just came up and I am just about as uninterested in all that as is possible. Apparently if I ignore it all my resources are slowly bled away, so I guess this means it is time to focus exclusively on story missions and rush to the finish.

do an invasion of someone’s base before you go; it’s really well-done (if samey between bases). If you’re lucky you’ll make a LOVE CONNECTION and the owner will spawn to greet you! for super-tense base-on-Snake action

1 Like

The God Eater Characters are by far the most embarassing part of Project X Xone 2.

i died on the final boss while on pace for slow load wr ;_;

but that’s good progress!

6 Likes

You should play Xrd with me

2 Likes

They are easily the most embarrassing part of their own games, so yeah, not surprising.

All I wanted was a game about hunting monsters where I got to dress my character up in hot anime fashion and hurt bad guys with ridiculous weapons, but now you are gonna make me sit through more of the story of the Anime Girl Wearing Clothes That Would Make Leeloo Embarrased and her Boring Tough Guy Stereotype Friend.

1 Like

Tropico 4: Modern Times is a definite game changer and I’m glad I gave it a shot after being disappointed by the main game. Big thing is as the years progress buildings that can be built are replaced by newer models but any of the older ones that have been built still remain as they are. Typically the modern buildings take up more space but provide more options or combine them (farms aren’t one of seven different crops, they are now split between corn, food crops or cash crops).

The world markets are a lot more dynamic and the campaign missions tend to have more custom code adding flavour to what would be a normal progression. I’m liking it.

Prey is what BioShock should have been and also what System Shock 2 should have been.

Prey is very good. Not sure what I think about the ending yet, though. And it is perhaps just a little too long. But very good.

Loved how much it focused on human stories.

3 Likes

I wish all arkane games didn’t feel 30% too janky for me because they’re really quite good at what they do and they’re carrying a very important torch

I just played hammerfight for like an hour and felt like I was going to have an aneurysm afterwards. I finally got to the part where you can change your loadout but my brain could not process how to do so

1 Like

I was an idiot who picked no powers for my playthrough of dishonored 2 because I wanted to Be The Guy and make it into a slog it didn’t have to be when I’m too old and inattentive to be caring about challenge in videogames anymore

2 Likes

I played some MGSV and got to mother base

i guess it’s a game

I remember the default mouse sensitivity setting not working at all for me. If you haven’t already, try setting that to its lowest value.

Also, the sequel looks excellent.

I did lower it to like 130 dpi from the 250 it wanted and that helped but it requires an unbelievable amount of focus and exertion for me to do even halfway well and even then I never feel like I’m quite playing it right

sequel looks neat, wonder if it’ll come out before jetpack joyride, love my solo Russian indies

also I’m pretty sure running it at 120hz breaks the game logic as I’ve observed some really weird behavior

between that and the DPI stuff it really feels like it should be tied to a stable platform that can be emulated; too much of it is hacked together from Windows XP APIs and it’s one of the rare cases where Windows’ perpetually backwards compatible app layer feels like the exact wrong way to experience software

I think the Linux and mac ports probably address this but none of my Linux or mac environments have actual mice hooked up to them

Project X Zone 2 is playing with all your action figures over an open Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

5 Likes

when i played the first game i thought of it as a huge cosplay larp session

The returning protags from Namco X Capcom are a real trip to 2006 anime designs.

Update playing Mission 21 of this stupid game is glorious if you believe in True Blue Skies.

1 Like

How are the Resonance of Fate characters, or were they only in the first one? I want them to spend the entire game flying upside down and shooting at things, and dressing up in hot fashions whenever possible, so if they are not this, I will be disappointed.

Look, I know I will be disappointed, but it is OK.