Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I turn and stare directly into the camera.

Edit:Why the hell are these uploading sideways?

Fable sucks

Fable 2 is where itā€™s aaaaaattttttt god what a good game

Heā€™s lying

Fable 2 is still bad

Itā€™s just better than the other two. Especially 3.

2 Likes

More like Feeble amirite

I always thought Fable 2 was bad because I had a roommate who bought it at launch and wouldnā€™t stop talking about how great it was when it looked so boring. I guess itā€™s just actually bad.

My first, completely virgin impressions of Titanfall 2 on a per-level basis played on the hardest difficulty setting:

Tutorial level: Yep this is a tutorial all right. Running, shooting, wall-running, double jumping, time attack option all bodes well.

First level: Yep itā€™s an FPS all right. At least as good as the best CODs but then youā€™d expect that.

Second level: All right some mech action with my Titan. This is pretty cool. Still really scripted it seems like but maybe you can get out of your Titan whenever you want and it just hasnā€™t occurred to me yet to do so.

Third level: Hey this is getting pretty good. Titan combat is nice and chunky and the on foot sections are great. Gaining speed while wall running and head-shotting enemies feels good and all the guns have really a really good punchy feel and sound effects. Finding a lot of these pilot helmets which I guess is your reward for exploring the levels.

I like how you can respond to your Titan when he speaks to you. Heā€™s got some personality for a soulless machine. Iā€™ll bet the story is going to turn into a real tear-jerker by the end. Looking forward to playing more.

Some completely non-virgin impressions of Just Cause 3 played on PS4 Pro with Boost Mode enabled: Oh hey it runs at 30fps now thatā€™s nice. Still dips a little at times but noticeably a more solid, consistent performance than the regular PS4. I can actually sink into this for longer periods at a time now.

pretty sure i can smash the wr in shadow tower if i can have a legit way to get fds (fast disc speed) working. the current record holder used a pstv + psn shadow tower ntsc-u with the fast load enabled. i donā€™t think faking this (as in, using an emulatorā€™s own fast disc load as opposed to sonyā€™s official fds on vita and ps2 (ps3 too iā€™d imagine)) with an emulator would be acceptable, but idk. regardless, the current wr run is pretty suboptimal. iā€™m roughly 80% sure that you need to strafe run in this game (see goldeneye/perfect dark speedruns) because you donā€™t seem to lose any forward speed when you transition from forward to forward+strafe, which means that your total speed is higher when using both and facing diagonally askew from your trajectory. the current wr never strafe runs at all. thereā€™s also some suboptimal routing going on that iā€™d improved on which could save a minute or two.

does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to accurately emulate the official sony fds? otherwise iā€™m going to have to find a way to play a japanese ps1 game on my us ps2, since the ntsc-j version seems to be slightly faster and is also less than half the price of the ntsc-u version (any ideas on this would be nice). of course, playing on console would also mean i need to get a capture card. fuck this bullshit.

if the loads werenā€™t so long and so frequent at 1x, iā€™d wager i could actually wr on the original disc speed, but itā€™s so night and day that itā€™d probably be pointless.

this is fucking pissing me off. i guess this is how people felt when they were told they needed to buy a fucking iQue to speedrun zelda (and then a year or so later the chinese version was dethroned by the japanese wii vc release, invalidating those purchases ;_:wink:

hmmm i wonder if i can get the moderator for the leaderboard to split the category. which he might not since only 3 people have ever run this game (one of whom didnā€™t even submit their run)

7 Likes

I played Dishonored 2, was really looking forward to it but for some reason itā€™s not pulling me in after several levels. What bugs me the most is that Iā€™m not sure why. Like, itā€™s a really good game! But Iā€™m just not feeling it.

Then I jumped into Prey and THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC, itā€™s the first game in quite a while that has kept me up all night playing it. I mean sure, itā€™s just BioShock but in spaceā€¦

You mean System Shock

I mustā€™ve missed the part in my BioShock playthrough where it was more like SS. Or good.

I watched a clip of the new Wolfenstein game and somehow the guy is propelling a wheelchair forward only spinning the left wheel :\

Heā€™s moving the other wheel with the psychic force of his hatred of nazis.

More of a game I should play than one I played today, but turns out a friend of mine knows one of the guys who worked on Hollow Knight, and that their dev studio is not only in my city but most likely just down the road from my office. Sort of makes me feel like I should really check out this game. Support the local businesses, etc

i love that i can summon you to any thread by mentioning fable 2

one day i will write a big essay on why fable 2 is Actually Good

Everything good about Fable 2 is harmed by the dog dying and then thatā€™s ruined with the DLC where you can bring the dog back, which means they couldnā€™t even abide by their decision to kill the dog

Instead, let me talk about how veganism is the only moral option and can erase past misdeeds

totally agree

but all my favorite games suck just look at this list

Sonic Adventure DX
Deadly Premonition
Bastion (apparently?? still canā€™t wrap my head around this)
Soul Reaver

i love games with ambitions beyond their scope

1 Like

Iā€™d be totally willing to have the argument that I like more bad/worse games that you if it wouldnā€™t totally depress me

1 Like

2 Likes

oh my god speedrunning is such a rush

2 Likes