Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Then you of all people need to play Fatal Fury 3. Here, let me sell it to you:

4 Likes

Fatal Fury 3 is a great looking game, lots of style and one of the most wacked-out English translations of SNKā€™s heyday, but man, it is a pretty miserable game to play casually against the CPU. And I donā€™t think itā€™s all that much better against humansā€¦

playing
baldurā€™s gate!!

never played a game like this before! currently in way over my head! enjoying it!

2 Likes

3 is a very neat transition between the SF2-isms of the previous 3 games and the louder full-fat anime Real Bouts. Iā€™ll take the Real Bouts over it, sure, but itā€™s nice to load up and gawk at the 94/95 season state of the art before 1996 hits and its peak volume up to 11 SNK golden era until the post MOTW/Metal Slug 3 collapse.

1 Like

What if I told youā€¦ I enjoy most SNK fighters (but I really like Real Bout 2)

The first one? Itā€™sā€¦ itā€™s ok.

Just so itā€™s own, the only Fatal Fury games Iā€™ve played are the first one, Fatal Fury 2, Real Bout Special, and Garou.

I should play more

I had downloaded Toradora Portable, a PSP anime tie-in visual novel for 4chanā€™s Greatest Love Story of All Time, on a whim

I got the ā€œyou married the 30+ year-old teacherā€ ending because I didnā€™t do good enough of a job talking to a bird

I canā€™t help but feel the entirety of the experience is a stark commentary on my own life.

5 Likes

to my great surprise I finally cracked planescape torment after getting the ā€œenhanced editionā€ despite giving up on it at least three times in the past

I just got a full party of 6 for the first time. I 100% donā€™t think this game is meaningfully better than torment numenera, but itā€™s about as good!

Started Hyper Light Drifter. I find the slide very awkward to use. And there is something in the aesthetic of the game that made me expect it to be way faster than it is. Unless I am due to an upgrade down the road that increase my speed of movement.

One of the upgrades you can buy is an infinite dash. Itā€™s quite finicky. The game feels VERY fast and chaotic during certain large fights. I find it scales quite nicely from a contemplative almost-walking-sim to an arcadey twitchfest depending on what the designer wants any particular room to evoke.

OKAY GUYS, I THINK I GOT A HANG OF THE ROUTES IN THE GAME NOW

ALL I HAVE TO DO IS REMEMBER TO CLEAN MY ROOM AND FIND THE THE STRAWBERRY MILK CARTON AND NOT BRING UP THE BREAST PADS AND FIND THE BENTO BOX IN THE KITCHEN AND SAY ENOUGH NICE THINGS TO THE BIRD TO GET THE FIREWORK AND ALSO I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO GRAB THE HORROR DVD AND NOT BRING UP CHRISTMAS EVE

IT ALL MAKES SENSE

9 Likes

Sometimes I just have phases were I pick a proto-Marvel game and just play it for hours.
Itā€™s like Capcom was still figuring out how to make fighting games that werenā€™t Street Fighterā€“itā€™s cute.

2 Likes

The fact that games like COTA and World Warriors arrived in such fully-formed states is, I think, a true wonder - these are genuine big bang straight from the ether ideas. Perhaps an even greater wonder that Capcom invents the genre and then within ~3.5 years has laid all the fundamental building blocks for the anime airdasher combogame perpetuality between COTA and Vampire.

2 Likes

Been going back and forth between Nier Automata and Persona 5 and Iā€™m getting so wrecked by switching back and forth between Circle and X as the action button

pls playstation just make circle the confirm button for all regions already

3 Likes

yeah iā€™m kinda mad that they didnā€™t just bite the bullet and do it for the ps4

even in nier:a the circle button is kind of the confirm button but it also kind of isnā€™t?

Yeah, you can use it to advance dialogue but then you get to a choice and pressing circle will choose the negative option

Most painfully, Circle is the confirm button if you open the real-time quick menu by hitting Down on the D-Pad, but it is not the confirm button in any other menu, including the PAUSE item menu you summon by pressing on the left side of the touch pad.

This killed me a few times.

I canā€™t believe this. I just randomly stumbled upon this tweet. Super Monkey Ball Jr. pervades me

Iā€™m sorry but I canā€™t stop thinking about this stupid GBA game

7 Likes

Just so everyone knows:

The Sentinel on the Atari ST is the superior version to which all other versions are beneath.

1 Like