Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I wanted to be cool and do this thing and then my part ended up being really insubstantial because I couldn’t figure it out. Also in the writeup afterwards Jason was like, “Wow, this guy’s level was surrounded in bottomless pits!” or something. And I was like oh, it was? Bad memory

1 Like

From Saltwater Breach was 07 or 08 iirc. Knytt stories was neat, good times

1 Like

Finished up RE4 again for the first time in a decade.

4 Likes

i miss Knytt Stories

i think my favorite part besides the simple creation engine was that it was a wholly non lethal take on Metroidvania, all your skills were focused on making the world more easy and fun to navigate. And it felt really good, kinisthetically, once you had enough powers at your disposal.

5 Likes

Dragon Quest XI: how do people finish these things? i was ready for it to be over around Hour Ten.

1 Like

got to a different character in nier automata, died and gotta go thru some stuff. HEartbreaking

4 Likes

Even for a DQ I found the first 10 hours especially humble and simplistic, but it does gradually show more and more promise from investment - real nice story and exploration/battle hooks come along around ~25 hours (mileage varies of course, so a couple chapters after getting your ship).

The music in this is surprisingly rockin’

8 Likes

oh fuck yes this is my jam

1 Like

The air pressure and gravity sliders always made me :sob: as a kid

1 Like

I played the Incredible Machine for like a year before I realized there were puzzles to solve and it wasn’t just a physics sandbox.

It was super fun anyway.

Still one of the best puzzle series ever, imo

4 Likes

dq8 has me hooked

9 Likes

work time fun works amazing on ppsspp except for this minigame based on der erlkonig by goethe, because you get an instant game over for some reason. i might be playing it wrong though. minigame compilations are an underexplored form. people already flip through ROMs like tv channels

8 Likes

Pretty close to having 100% completion in Spider-Man, and I guess the flaws are a bit more apparent.

Namely! Stuff that isn’t a main or side-mission just kinda drags. Each of the game’s districts have a certain number of random crimes you have to clear, but there’s an awful lot of overlap in mission styles between each of the factions.

I guess it was always gonna be that way by necessity, but it’s the last hurdle I have to the Platinum, and it feels like a grind.

There are also two side missions in particular that have their own mini-narratives. One is dull, and just tests how well you know where certain landmarks are in the city, but another involves a member of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery and is really pretty cool. Hopefully the inevitable sequel does more of those.

2 Likes

Hahahaha why did i expect anything different from NIer.

im pretty sad now

6 Likes

tactics ogre: let us cling together owns so hard.

like, whoa,

have that uncomfortable feeling i’m missing way too much in terms of effiency, though. only a couple of battles ago i think the game’s systems started clickling on me. i also decided to grind a little, get my newly promoted rogue to lvl. 10 and gather skill points for the main party. early chapter 2, now.

heard the story was written having references in the yugoslav wars, which is obviously like catnip to me. hope i don’t end up having to kill god / some guy who wants to blow up earth and repopulate it with genome-soldiers or whatever (don’t tell me)

the psp version has much much worse balance and systems than the original

whoops!

psp ver. popped up to me just because of sharper visual presentation tbh

1 Like

you’re not the only one, it just makes me wish they never localized it again at all because they fucked it up so bad

2 Likes

Every time I hear someone say good things about Tactics Ogre, there’s a period of time where I think they’re a crazy person, because I keep getting it mixed up with Ogre Battle

1 Like