Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

March had the Russian woman and French male? Not what I’d call Scandinavians…

Well, the Italian season was actually one of the better received seasons in recent times. Alibi is difficult to pull of on more seasoned players, but Maestro’s gadgets are incredibly useful, even as sheer bulletproof cameras.

The reason why they feel the worst is probably only because they weren’t blatantly OP right out of the gate, unlike almost every other season, particularly the March one which had two OP operators with zero-risk global abilities.

I wish they had some better and more comprehensive history of patch notes available somewhere though. It gets real annoying when you realize in the middle of a fire fight that a rifle’s recoil has become absolute dogshit.

Good thing about the new season though: they added the Brazilian map back into the casual rotation (it was added in Y1S3 around August 2016 and removed in Y2S3 September 2017). It’s a clusterfuck for defenders, but it’s fun as hell!

1 Like

I played my first Siege match in appx six months and did OK in the first three rounds then fucked up a clutch moment and got called a retard for the remainder of the match by two people. The game’s good but it seems like the community continues to get more toxic (the community was part of the reason I dropped off earlier in the year).

it alternates between good and bad, and I don’t really mind being told I blow

I played a Shin Megami Tensei mobile game (called « dx2 liberation »? What is this, Kingdom Hearts?)

It’s… not great. Obviously F2P games are built on frustration and jealousy and can’t ever be good. I know this but still had to try this one out because I love SMT monster design so much

I’m at least happy I could fuse my favourite guy right there

3 Likes

Vermintide 2 is really fun

1 Like

I don’t mind being told that I suck within some reasonable amount of time immediately after the fuckup (maybe 15-30 secs?) but getting hounded for 10 minutes is A Bit Much and not every game has enough dedicated assholes in their community for that to happen semi-regularly. The plus side is that Ubi seems to be relatively pro-active about this stuff (eg, their insta-banning of people saying The Actual Bad Words) so I have faith it’ll chill out over time the same way League’s level of shit-talking became ~normal.

1 Like

That’s weird; I think I had one bad experience in the ~50 games I played, but maybe it gets worse at higher ELOs (doesn’t it always!)

2 Likes

It’s the Must Win To Have Fun Rule: The more serious a person gets about a game, the more toxic they become.

1 Like

Such a snide mf iirc but still have him in mind when this jams.

1 Like

I was sort of “playing” this, too. Mostly, I was just using any free gems I got to summon the higher ranked demons, checking what I could fuse, and maybe doing a battle. I think my highest ranked is Prometheus. The demon models all look really good, it’s just too bad there’s no substance and the character art is hideous.

Wish I could’ve gotten a Mastema. I was hoping for an Alice because Die for Me sounded rad, but it never happened.

I’ve stopped logging in, though, since it’s pretty boring.

1 Like

One of the best aspects of being nearly completely anhedonic is that I truly don’t care whether I win or lose! But you’re right about that phenomenon – last night I had a series of MVP rounds and people were so nice to me :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I got Dead by Daylight on PS Plus and I haven’t seen anything posted here about it, but it seems really fun so far for what it is! Some of the levels could probably use more varied design, but I’m not complaining considering everyone warned me the console versions were significantly worse (I see no inherently major issues!).

2 Likes

i guess mary shelley’s frankenstein is the replacement freebie table in the pinball arcade since they lost the license for the arabian nights table.
i wasn’t too impressed on my first play, though the slightly farty chip metal and constant yelling did appeal to me. on my second try, though, i activated 6-ball multiball and now i think this is an awesome table just for the sheer spectacle of that. plus there’s a weird anti-gravity tobe thing near the top of the table. i wanna see that in real life!

4 Likes

in addition to not being able to jump through boss gates, i found the Mega Man 11 demo prrrrrrreettty underwhelming in general

2 Likes

bad north is fun but it is just on the side of “buggy enough to make me reconsider playing it a bunch”

it gets pretty same-y after a while but I also haven’t managed to beat it all the way yet

I like the idea of an RTS that has 3 minute encounters on tiny maps but it would be nice to be able to customize the units in more than 3 main avenues

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a little dull. I’ve tried it twice, and both times I didn’t continue after losing my first life.

I liked the MM11 demo myself. The gamefeel is pretty spot on, and the difficulty feels nicely balanced. The music is very dull though.

Then again, I don’t like Mega Man 3, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

re: gamefeel, i kind of disagree. movement and jumping feels comparable, but the slide is totally weird in this one. it’s kind of like the slide from MM8, except that version doesn’t really work with the NES-style movement. but i’m sure if i played long enough it would become normal, like anything else.

overall, yeah, the music and the aesthetics are all just really bland, to me. i do actually like the illustrations and the “You Got ______” screen etc., but the cuteness and charm feels sort of absent in the actual levels.

not a huge fan of the gimmick with the boss where it transforms and gets an entirely new lifebar for its transformation.

having Mega Man jump straight to the center to collect the power at the end of the fight feels like the devs knew speedrunners would like that or something.

i’m a pretty shameless Mega Man fan, so i’ll probably buy this, but only when it goes on sale some day in future.

MM11 seems sort of… unnecessary in a world with 20XX

2 Likes

Only got an hour with it but - Spider-Man lets you run up very tall buildings, dive off 'em, and zip away right before hitting the pavement.

The whole thing could go to shit later, but for some insatiable 7 year old within, I guess it’s the World’s Only Perfect Game.

Edit: also it has a photo mode, so there goes my month

8 Likes