Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

black label is what cave calls a a remixed version of one of their shooters

Oh. Iā€™m not interested in bullet hell shooters. I like Einhander bc itā€™s got tons of atmosphere and I can get good enough at it to play through it and not want to play it again. Thatā€™s really all I tend to ask of with shooters. Performative perfection and replayability havenā€™t ever been guiding concerns for me with most games

i havenā€™t played einhander but it looks cool. i was just making a joke, iā€™m terrible at bullet hell and i enjoy stuff like Giga Wing and 19XX more

1 Like

i accidentally bought persona 3 fes while i was drunk. so iā€™ve been playing persona 3. i played and beat the portable version a couple of years back but i enjoy that you can actually like, walk around in this one. helps me get into the world a little bit more.

3 Likes

man, Takumi stuff is bullet hell as fuck, they just put in mechanics to mitigate the insanity

(Play Mars Matrix)

2 Likes

i love mars matrix!

i actually really enjoy border down too

i would concur that giga wing is bullet hell, but it ainā€™t on the level of cave or even touhou stuff (right? that seems obvious but maybe iā€™m missing something)

(e: actually i realized i like pretty much every dreamcast shooter)

2 Likes

bullet heck

8 Likes

P3:FES is by far the peak of the persona series for me, portable works really well and was how i first played through P3, but everything just clicks so well in FES.

Hacking a 360 to play ISOs does not look too difficult if you decide to not care about xboxlive anymore.

Cybattler - Jaleco, 1993

I love the checkpoint based continues. The 8-way free movement + locking shot. The way the enemies gundam slice apart when you laser sword them. The dockable super weapons. The way your weapon loadout changes per level. The depleting/recharging meter for your guns. The hectic and engaging pace without overwhelming difficulty. The non-lethal asteroids you can bounce off. Canā€™t help but wonder what if the genre had proceeded further down this flashy setpiece crunchathon track v. the tightly constructed precision movement score puzzles of the post-Toaplan reality.

Or, like, what if it was, say, lightgun games that had become the unapproachable hyper evolved elite twitch genre.

5 Likes

By your command:

2 Likes

cut r type into pieces

5 Likes

i finished the mad max videogame, and after that, the witcher 3 and fallout 4, i tihnk itā€™ll be a long time before i want to play another open world map tidying game.

the convoy battles were much, much better than the rest of the game. it really should have just been convoy battles

nooooooo why did everyone play Mad max and not JC3

I bought Just Cause 3 on the Christmas Steam sale on your recommendation and then it stopped working after two days so I returned it.

1 Like

100%! if you can give me a quote, Iā€™ll be happy to.

The issue would be that Strania and Perfect Dark are primary reasons I keep my thing around

wit, i thought you could only pirate on 360 with hardware mods? if hacking is possible, it could bring mine back to life

Looks like itā€™s around $23 US to ship to Canada these days (for flat-rate boxes; Iā€™d need a postal code to estimate regular shipping), which is $5-10 more than I was expecting. Guess it HAS been a while since Iā€™ve sent something up that way. If youā€™re interested, shoot me a DM with an address and Iā€™ll send it out this weekend-ish.

1 Like

Because itā€™s really fun!

Itā€™s beautiful and all the ways you can customize your car make for some of the best video game driving since GTA 4. You can make it a super heavy battering ram or a really light weight speedster or anything in between and you can switch it up on the fly.

Attacking convoys is probably the best part of game and itā€™s really great when youā€™re doing it and a random sand storm rolls in and fucks everyone up.

Seriously the driving + scenery alone was good enough to compel a lot of people to get from point A to B to C all the way to the end and then some.

1 Like