Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Hell yeah!

Bionic Commando 2009 would like a word

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to play this tonight I think:

I really wanted to Absolver to be a game that was gonna completely consume me but the attack flow and input style just did not gel with me. I kinda wish it had one more button so Iā€™d have one button that had the same action no matter where in the stance/cycle i was.

1 Like

Did you go through all of the prompts when you built your deck? I learned that thereā€™s a brief period after every hit where your character flashes gold that lets you attack halfway through an animation if you press a button then, and is key, to getting out your stronger moves.

It also tells you how to swotch targets easier, and re gain stamina faster to add

8 Likes

just now remembering how bad many of the Mad Monksā€™ Revenge levels are

1 Like

I played it when it was fresh on PC so it mightā€™ve been missing those tool tips. But Iā€™m fine with those parts. My problem is I canā€™t wrap my head around the control style where you have one button that goes through your cycle if you set up moves to circle back to your starting stance and another button as an alternative action depending on your current stance. I try to approach it like a fighting game where i have all my actions available to me at any moment when Iā€™m in neutral but you donā€™t have that here. In God Hand you can press a button or direction and button to pull any thing out of your tool box when you need it. In absolver i feel locked in to my strings to cycle around to get to where i put my utility attacks (gurad break, evade attacks etc) instead of being able to call something out when i see it. Switching to the stance you need manually at a moments notice is also inelegant and trips me up due to the inputs required to do that. I donā€™t feel like i can condition my oponent like i can in a fighting game since I might not be in the right sequence. I also donā€™t feel like I have many great options to open people up besides unblockables. The game feels mostly based around frame traps and i never felt like i could plan for that in the deck maker.

Finally played the PS4 version of Godzilla. Having the other kaiju playable really breathes life into it

4 Likes

I kinda wanted to play this despite the terrible reviews, but the game is still like, $79 over here

took a gander at my Steam Profile Content to make sure there was nothing egregiously embarassing taste-wise after a meatspace friend asked for my acct, came to remember how relatable this particular deathsmiles ending sequence is to the semi-regular experience of being broke and inevitably feeling like an alien at black tie functions held by people thrice my age who profit handsomely thru my navel-gazing detail-oriented work in a field they would not care to understand

5 Likes

i have never posted in this thread before apparently

idk if iā€™ve read more than ten posts in it

today i played skullgirls

i wanted to switch up my characters but realized i wasnā€™t really interested in learning any of the others, and got sad

then i got high

then i looked at steam to see if we owned other fighting games, loaded up vanguard princess, saw the title screen, and closed it

then i tried +R and after 5 minutes remembered why i always bounce off guilty gear immediately

i thought about playing a street fighter and then i didnā€™t

i feel so tired

video games

i just want to like things but itā€™s so hard

4 Likes

i need better weed obviously

1 Like

i wish i was stoned while playing castlevania chronicles just now

thereā€™s this part where a stained glass virgin mary or something shatters into pieces and all the pieces turn into a person and when you try to get close to them it backs away until it doesnā€™t and then all the pieces fly at you it was so fuckin crazyā€¦

and then youā€™re climbing these stairs and blood skeletons start falling from the ceiling and when you get to the top thereā€™s a statue that is crying blood and thatā€™s where the skeletons come from. itā€™s like when u find out youā€™re swimming in piss in super tempo

11 Likes

iā€™m replaying Kingā€™s Field 4 (which i just beat for the first time earlier this year) because i canā€™t handle new things at the moment. i meant to do a little write up on it the first time, maybe iā€™ll remember this time? i think itā€™s my favorite PS2 game!? i almost wish iā€™d had it as a teen (my peak PS2 years), it would have been my obsession

i did as much in 1 hour as i did in the first 4-5 hours when i initially playedā€¦ i love games that crumble before player insight like that~

Fun Tip: your fists can invisibly level up like any other weapon, and quickly get way stronger than most of the weapons you can pick up in the first couple areas. iā€™m just slowly walking around and socking giant pillbugs and skeletons in the face and itā€™s very satisfying

10 Likes

Castlevania Chronic-les

3 Likes

n1PLI5T1QHf2PjdgVO6wLBuW1a1QRNnoY2Q13QrkOnU

8 Likes

Is that American dollars, cuz I can get it for about $34 American