Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

i mean just ‘general bro ball busting’
this clip comes to mind (based on timestamp at 2:12)

everyone in injustice 2 looks like therapy isn’t working

since its a fighting game, it could be a celebration of comic book history - but it’s just another product

we love gold, gods, solitary figures on vertical canvases, fighting our family members, opening presents, our little supercomputers. im seeing it im seeing it. the vision is a mountain dew bottle obelisk in the desert. you’re wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts and you’re worshiping the obelisk. oh no… you’re not gonna like what i’m seeing…

13 Likes

are you ok

1 Like

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in Cultist Simulator so far, it’s this:
Always do stupid shit. You don’t learn anything from being careful.

2 Likes

I’d planned for Dark Souls Switch to be my late summer/fall game, but I’m not sure I actually want to play through Dark Souls again. In the mood for some turn-based combat, I tried the Octopath Traveler demo yesterday. I love, love, love the battle system: the way it looks, the way it sounds, and the way it plays. But outside of battle, the tone of the writing and character interaction is all wrong for me, and there is too much of it. I wish the storytelling was more restrained. I wish my protagonist didn’t pirouette and spout a Prof. Laytonism before suddenly gaining insight about NPCs’ histories and personalities–this makes for uncompelling detective work. Some of you suggested switching the voice acting to Japanese for an improved experience. I’ll take that further and suggest sliding the voice volume slider down to zero.

Anyhow, the allure of the battle system might see me buying this game when it releases next week. But maybe Darkest Dungeon would better scratch the turn-based-combat itch for me on Switch? Has anyone here played that version; is the UI really as bad as some voices on the internet claim?

That was my experience with last year’s demo – it’s very close to something good but when they open their mouths they reveal they actually don’t have taste and have only stumbled into something that looks like a cool indie project.

1 Like

Maybe Slay the Spire?

I haven’t played it, but I think someone here was?

I don’t think that’s on Switch yet.

No, it isn’t yet. Also not on mobile, which sucks. I watched some let’s plays of it and now I want to play it. Looks really cool. Although I like the Ironclad way more than the Silent deck. I don’t think I’d like to play the latter. It’s like a totally different game. Which is cool if you like the kind of variety it offers but I’m not really into it. Maybe I’ll like the third character though.

I wish it had more progression. The only progression I can see is that you can unlock more powerful cards to acquire in your runs but you have to stumble upon them. Nothing changes about the starting conditions. Which is fine, I like that too, but I’d like an extra mode where that is different and you can start with more powered up stuff.

got to be romancing saga 2

You might like the Daily Challenges, which have some really interesting constraints that can change the game a lot. “You start with these five strong rare cards, but you won’t have access to shops” and the like. There’s also an unlockable “Custom Game” mode as of a recent patch, but I don’t know what the config options are yet.

1 Like

Yeah I think that could be really cool. It’s not exactly what I’m looking for but it’s a good mode nonetheless.

That looks interesting, but I think I’m in the mood for something a bit more modern.

Battlechasers looks solid

If you got past the first boss in your previous run you get to pick from some randomized perks at the beginning - one of them is to swap out your starting relic for a random one. It completely changes the character, though you still start with the same cards.

I very much prefer the Silent to Ironclad, but Ironclad is still pretty fun

I played the game a ton for a few weeks and then let it drop. I’ll probably play it a bit more when it moves out of Early Access just to see where they ended up balance-wise.

1 Like

I can see how after a while Ironclad can become a bit boring. The Silent is more tactical, has more options, it seems. I just don’t enjoy dealing poison and the other things he does as satisfying as dealing straight up massive damage.

I got borked on my first ever run by the weak ass relics I got. I mean, none of them are really weak, I just didn’t get any synergies going. I died on the second level/second floor map. My second run is going way better, am at the second map boss and I’ll see how that fight goes.

What I like about the game is that it’s not shy to give you power. It does this more than any other card game I’ve ever played. It hands you truly powerful skills so that you think “this is broken. this must be broken” and it seemingly never is. You can always still die and you still encounter a lot of close calls. But it just feels so good when you’ve got powerful synergies and combos going.

1 Like

I had a lot of fun with the game trying to tease out crazy stuff from a hateful RNG. There were many times I thought “this run is hopeless, but I guess I’ll keep playing to see if I discover anything new” only to find out I had great cards I just needed to be willing to try new playstyles.

Building up an insane amount of poison damage is really fun! You do massive damage, just after your turn ends is all

Yeah, I heard about someone who managed to do 200 poison damage in a turn because he got some crazy triple card or relic, I don’t know the exact details. That’s gotta feel pretty great!

I must have some psychological problem is all I’m saying because I prefer stuff like doing direct damage and tanking damage with my health pool instead of blocking and some other quirks. I’m probably some unsophisticated rube is what that’s saying about me.

pokemon quest is still Just Fine and that is great for me on the phone

but my fiancee has now surpassed my progress, as she does with every game I introduce to her ._.

4 Likes

i love it when that happens. i got my wife hooked on fable 2 and she basically took over the 360 for two weeks, it was a real treat

and i was also very jealous of her huge fortune (and muscles)

1 Like