Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Had to go and refresh myself on a lot of this.

The ghost is Chitose, a little girl in a red kimono with light butterfly patterns across it. You might remember her bell ringing when she’s close, and that she’s constantly crying. There’s only a few encounters with her but iirc they are all stuck in fairly small rooms/halls. Thing is when she sobs enough, the room goes pitch black aside from a faint light source her silhouette might be seen through. Scariest depends on the person but I was pretty shook up the first time it happened, and mechanically thought she was the coolest.

All of the original game’s conclusions are fairly sad one way or another. I agree in that I felt a pang of emptiness after all the effort and patience, seeing the sisters through. As for a blur between Miyu and her possessor I think the latter was deeply devoted to the ceremony and/or a twisted sense of purpose. And that mingled into Miyu’s vulnerabilities. Been too long for me to remember better subtleties or framing of the character’s thoughts and feelings. The tragic curse aspect, not being able to escape or overcome without paying some kind of price, I roll with just fine. It’s a dark story, and fitting although yeah the emotional setup was lacking.

I’ve played 3 probably halfway through and thought it was aight, same as my experience with the Wii U entry.

I played Fatal Frame 1 after 2. While it’s a fine original title, I didn’t find much about it that wasn’t greatly improved upon in the sequel.

1 Like

no idea what i game i should be playing rn tbh

2 Likes

i bought slay the spire, a deckbuilding roguelike thing

it is a good game. i would recommend this game.

4 Likes

It’s good! I played 47 hours of it in a couple weeks! It’s distinct enough from Dream Quest that I don’t feel bad owning both.

I returned to playing Yakuza 6 so life is good again. I need to get some crap in Gravity Rush 2 before the server goes away.

1 Like

I started playing Tacoma

The “every human being on this station is just a non-employee subcontractor actively hated by their employer” seems depressingly real

6 Likes

I kind of hated SFV sim but now that I’m winning with him he feels real fun. Just wish he had his old normals back

Fucking around again with Tiny Barbarian DX which is solid and I just love the music. My progress is slow in it because I’m bad at video games now and also have a short temper but it’s an easy enough game to just peck away at, bit by bit.

1 Like

I played the Thumper VR demo: amazing.

Look I played through RE:0 and REmake a couple of weeks ago and watched a playthrough of 3 last week and thought about starting another game of 4 but instead I played that five minute RE7 vr demo and fuck that shit no thank you

Here They Lie demo: creepy and violent but more freaky and weird than offputting and gross, I could be down to play this for a few dollars

Ultrawings: pleasant but perhaps thinner than I had expected, haven’t played a ton so maybe there are more environments eventually? Flight model feels good. Makes me woozy but I am toughing up. Can’t get enough of leaning my head out and over the side of the plane. Seems to run lower res than some other games, at least on non-pro hardware.

Do I like actually have to twist my head all the way around to shoot behind me in Rez? Come on, Miz.

2 Likes

Shooting behind you in Rez was never a thing

It is a thing in Rez: Infinite VR.

I played through the first stage of PS2 Shinobi today.

The camera rotates the wrong way horizontally and I can’t find an option to reverse it.

This is bad.

9 Likes

I went through Bulletstorm and finished it tonight.

I don’t think there’s ever been a game that I would of appreciated more at 16 than that game.
It’s the height of immaturity. But godamnit. It did a TON of shit that most grunt man McShooty games don’t. Skip the ‘story’ and revel in the crazy kill shots and scoring system. Then don’t care about your score. It’s just crazy colorful and fun. It’s also pigheaded misogynistic homophobic and has a pretty gross take on anything that involves treating a human like a human.

But man those guns…

1 Like

Diable GP, the ultimate cup in Rage Racer makes me long for a NegCon. The steering with DPAD is bonked.

Do retroarch / mednafen support NegCon?

1 Like

Man where was this in the game? I didn’t remember that in the original. Not denying it, just don’t recall.

I always just enjoyed that the main character spends the whole game screwing everything he tries to do up. And the woman sidekick telling him to shut up at least a few times. None of this would excuse that shit though, no, and it was a long time ago that I played it, so not gonna be surprised if like 2008 era videogame culture hasn’t aged well at all (because it hasn’t).

yes, but i couldn’t figure out how to actually enable it

i put in the copy of Ratchet & Clank i got with this ps4 to test it and played it all day. it wasn’t even enjoyable. videogames were a mistake

7 Likes

Kicked myself hard for missing the blacksmith on my first loop of Nier 2. Saw the button prompt and everything but apparently I didn’t try to do anything with it. I assume I’m nearing the end of loop 2 unless things get really shaken up.

Finally started up Rengoku as something to play while lying down in front of the AC. I can’t bring myself to play my Switch that way because it seems like witchcraft. Looked up some old reviews and everyone complained about how small and identical the rooms are. I love that! It feels like an NES game dreaming of the future.

2 Likes

I did it a third time

my only regret is that I can’t do it a fourth time

7 Likes

Bummer! The only R&C I have played, is the first one they made for PS3. It was pretty good. Could have been great, if the difficulty were higher. It was always a little too easy. Fun, though. And really pretty.