Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

oh jeez the fourth guy is really just shoehorned hard into the game huh

Poo rules

3 Likes

Poo’s presence is 100% justified by the meditation sequence.

And hey, you could be playing Mother 1 and instead get a 4th character who’s a fully grown man wielding a knife.

6 Likes

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Ness, but I suspected I was more likely to be Jeff. As an adult, I realized that I was always Poo: blessed with advantageous circumstances, but too late to the scene to have many connections. Probably overshadowed, unless I’m willing to put up with frustrating or monotonous trials—and even if I do realize my potential, my role was always going to be a minor one.

5 Likes

When u Shit your pants to prove a point

8 Likes

No like I really dig it. I dig the meditation part a lot. It was genuinely chilling. But that’s like, all the character he gets? Bleh

Poo’s character is defined by his absence.

2 Likes

Bought Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag on sale and have been playing it a bit recently. I like all the piratey bits, but I honestly dislike the Assassin’s Creed-ness of it- the simultaneously effortless but janky parkour and swordfighting, the weird satirical framing story where the evil illuminati are running a game studio, the incredibly unnecessary idle game bit and online stuff… I’m not sure why I’m playing this.

1 Like

I was super into that series through all the games with Ezio but after that my interest really fell off a cliff. I think the series is in desperate need of a hiatus at the very least

I found the first two really boring, but Black Flag really won me over and is the only one I consider actually good. Have some problems with it, but overall I had a great time with it.

nice

25 Likes

Fukken sick

Ha fuck me

EarthBound%20(USA)252EarthBound%20(USA)253
EarthBound%20(USA)254EarthBound%20(USA)256

this is getting too personal

12 Likes

The Witcher 3 is expectedly very addictive and sleep destructive.

Letting some extended dialogue and npc business fall to the wayside like so many loot filled nooks and crannies

It’s the only way I’m making it through.

tried out Overload briefly.

thoughts:

• it looks and feels really good for the most part
  • it lets you save scum, which I initially thought was weird, then realized I really needed it. it’s a little too easy to get destroyed by shit coming around a corner, and the game has very high expectations of you being able to strafe and kite everything
  • despite the UE4 polish it’s pretty unapologetically retro compared to e.g. new Doom – there is a space station and there are audio logs and there are key cards and you are going to get shot at a lot and have to dodge the bullets

I might’ve started on a difficulty level that was too high but right now I’m finding the basic enemies a little too challenging to really get into the game. the level design is OK but I’m not playing it for that just yet. I think I like it better than the other descent reboots but I’m not quite sure it’s better enough. compared to sublevel zero (which didn’t really have its roguelike shit figured out), it’s a little … dry?

it’s hard to make a 90s-style shooter, y’all

2 Likes

In OG Descent, the middle difficulty setting, Hotshot, would be the equivalent of Doom’s UV. Ace and above are murder even for expert players and are usually avoided because it basically means you can’t do anything but kite stuff around corners.

That explains that, I instinctively picked 4 out of 5

I do wish it had a little more flavour (Teleglitch did this really well on no budget) but I’ll give it a little more time for sure

I also wish the music was more unapologetically electronic

EDIT: OK yeah the difference between 3 and 4 is huge, it’s vastly more playable this way

I missed a dismaying number of “secrets” in the first level though

this is a very faithful and well-made 1995 shooter in a 2018 engine. It almost feels more like it came out of the descent source port community than a new game. Not quite what I expected but I know lots of people wanted exactly this and they’ll be very happy.

1 Like

EarthBound%20(USA)387
EarthBound%20(USA)395
EarthBound%20(USA)398

:_:

20 Likes

Did you take the bicycle to the swamp?

1 Like