Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

just look at most of the shooters that were made in the 90s!

4 Likes

no i returned the bicycle after twoson bc i was borrowing it!! i dont steal things

6 Likes

My life feels so empty now. Earthbound left a hole in my heart.

2 Likes

Mother 3 will widen it further.

1 Like

itā€™ll cauterize your heart

such a good little angry thing

4 Likes

Yeah honestly I feel like my only option is to move forward and replay Mother 3. Itā€™ll be a similar experience because I last played it like 5 years ago.

Mother 3 made me cry so much, and part of me wonders if it was due to good storytelling or just me being 17

I think thatā€™s universal. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever cried more at media and my wife chokes up if I just mention it near her.

It perfectly rides that line of abstraction to universalize the pain without losing its punch

I mean, just trying to break down how to replicate the Clint + log scene using those toolsā€¦it comes down to very small, very particular decisions but it hits so much harder than anything else in that SNES RPG palette.

4 Likes

Spinning this in your honor tonight:

10 Likes

I donā€™t know how far you made it, but his move set is almost all totally necessary or at least well advised by the end!

2 Likes

Space Harrier II has messed up sound emulation in Sega Genesis Collection.

For some of the games you can select the European rom but no Bare Knuckle 3.

The fake boxart and cartridges are the worst implementation of a good idea.

Update: does have bare knuckle 3 continuing the ā€œwe did the bare minimum.ā€

1 Like

I played through Sonic 2 on it last night, and there is weird slowdown in the music during the ending, so that it gets cut off midway as the credits begin

1 Like

That they show the actual cartridge labels in the intro is even more what the hell are you doing?

I suspect the whole Unity engine bedroom UI thing is at least partially responsible for some of the emulation issues, like the random stuttering that happens occasionally and the slowdown. Needlessly clogging up memory when they could have just given us a fancy menu screen instead.

1 Like

I am getting creamed in this game. I think I need an actual joystick. Canā€™t make it through level 1 without dying at some point.

yeah I tried controller and was just getting crushed, itā€™s only doable with kbm

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever played a game with a more satisfying ending. Taking a victory lap around the entire world, almost everyone having something new to say, then the payoff from the photographer. Just perfect all around.

2 Likes

something something unity is trash something something

I mean it has pros and cons but itā€™s the most baffling way to ship an emulator Iā€™ve seen since gameboy on J2ME

I like a lot of unity games and not ā€œdespiteā€ the engine. I think it rulesā€¦ But I donā€™t know about developing for it, so maybe thatā€™s bad

WHAT

1 Like