Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

I haven’t played one of the ports, but I’d say removing the classic controls looks like it’d make the game way more tedious and generic. I’d stick with the 3DS version which sticks to RE4 controls plus a strafe button.

If I played it on a console I would just be thinking about how I’d rather play RE4. It looks impressively pretty on the 3DS screen, and I actually liked using the 3D feature to line up shots. Kind of feels like an experience built for handhelds IMO

3 Likes

normally I’m anti romance options in videogames

but this talking sword with a southern accent in deadfire gave me pause

also deadfire feels like at least one of the people writing or doing voice direction for the game saw the tumblr post about boring accent stereotypes in fantasy settings

4 Likes

I’m kinda tired and started reading your post as though you were talking about 2. Yeah 1 is a very solid game, and fairly impressive on the 3DS, at least for when it came out.

I recall most areas on the ship having great atmosphere, enemy designs were…uhhh maybe not too memorable, still their noises (mr MAYDAY being a peak) could really put an edge on your low health. Some of the action moves carried from mainline 4/5 helped as nice mixers, but with less ammo around and creatures instead of ganados/etc, a lot more dread to be had.

I skipped Revelations 2 because it appeared to be overly gratuitous, plus possibly all about gear numbers and stats? Fine stuff for a side mode I guess…as a progression from the first I was disappointed. If it’s not a long investment I might blast through someday.

1 Like

i imagine that some dude must’ve had a field day designing female characters in revelations 1

it only gets better from there

fwiw though I wound up taking a break until the next patch around the 20 hour mark, the late game combat balance is a little off and they promised to fix it in early June

Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1 shipped today. I can’t wait to pop it into my Super Famicom and have this image pop up on screen

12 Likes

EarthBound%20(USA)005

people say this to me all the time

10 Likes

Gorogoa is a lovely little game and I wish I’d found time for it earlier.

11 Likes

young Severa thought it was pretty interesting, too

9 Likes

Played Earthbound for 10 hours yesterday. Probably gonna do that today.

EarthBound%20(USA)065

12 Likes

The late 360 report continues:

I’m not sure if my apartment isn’t properly palatial, but there’s enough of a diskinect between the motion controls and keeping the lock on rhythm going in Child of Eden that I kind of prefer the controller.

It’s also uncool that the Kinect keeps throwing that little thumbnail of me on screen. I never want to see myself ever.

I played like 4 hours of Crackdown 2 yesterday. There’s a lot I like—gun days and melee nights, hopping and climbing around the city—but I’m not sure what to make of the narrative trappings. The Peacekeepers or whatever the future super police are called are supposed to be awful right? Should I have played the first game first?

1 Like

Yes, but the series doesn’t really engage with it any more than that

4 Likes

I’ve officially passed the point in EB where I stopped playing last time. This game is so fucking good

:cryingpig:

9 Likes

EarthBound%20(USA)129EarthBound%20(USA)130

what an asshole

16 Likes

people experiencing Moonside for the first time fuels my life energy and keeps me from aging so, thanks

3 Likes

Unforgivable

these posts are making me so happy

1 Like

EarthBound%20(USA)168
EarthBound%20(USA)169
EarthBound%20(USA)171

dude get a therapist

6 Likes

EarthBound%20(USA)173

WHAT IS EVERYONE’S DEAL

8 Likes

it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!

1 Like