Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

i got the electric guitar that summons electric bats in DMC3

…why didn’t i play this game years ago

8 Likes

I got a Gamevice (because I was planning to do it for Retroarch & Moonlight anyway and Steam streaming finally put me over the edge, plus a guy on craigslist was selling one for cheap) and I’m actually pretty happy with it, I haven’t bought a third party pad of any kind in years which is effectively what this is but it’s like a cross between a Vita and a Bone controller that wraps my iPhone and works fine in all games I’d want it to

1 Like

Game has such a great assortment of very well executed weapons.

1 Like

I got Dynasty Warriors 4 today at a used book store and I’m gonna play the shit out of it

3 Likes

Is that the one where you can make your own dude? Or was that 5. Or 3.

Why would I ever make a dude but yes

3 Likes

it was 3

surely women must want to make tons of dumb looking men and dress them up in questionable outfits

or is everyone making women

I think I know the answer to this

weirdly the name of that weapon was a sort of failed nickname of mine a long time ago

i should have been more excited to discover it in the game but i think that it was a sign that i had probably played enough DMC3 by that point

it does rule though, as a concept

I bought an untested X-Box 360 at a thrift store solely because it came with one of those pro controllers with the actual d-pad. Turns out it works.

It came with a couple games installed including Golden Ax and EA’s iffy attempt at reviving NBA Jam. Since I wanted to scope out the Minter music visualizer I grabbed a random cd—Eno’s Warm Jets—and ripped it. Thanks to that custom soundtrack thing I got a chuckle when Baby on Fire came on while playing NBA Jam.

I’m not sure what else to do with it besides finally play my copy of Sneak King. I grabbed the demo for Asura’s Wrath. Senke No Ronde and Bulletwitch are on Steam now. And I just noticed that Crosstown is on itch! I guess Crackdown?

3 Likes

How much do you like shooters? Reasons Rudie Still Owns a 360:

NinninJump
Guardian Heroes
Bangaio
Radiant Silvergun
Akai Katana
Mushihimesama-Futari
ESPGaluda
Samurai Shodown Sen
Banjoooooo

Would love to say nuts and bolts and ghostbusters but they won’t install for some reason.

4 Likes

The Club

3 Likes

Child of Eden !!

3 Likes

You both know me so well.

Totally forgot about the Treasure stuff.

Banjo actully came preinstalled too. I thought I was too cool for that on the N64, but it looks great.

And the Club is in my top ten games of all time, and it’s probably time to put the janky GFWL version to bed.

Thanks!

Oh, and I scored a $6 Kinect at a previous stop that day which I was planning to try 3D scanning with.

2 Likes

well if this ain’t like spotting the other lesbian at church

5 Likes

Nuts and Bolts rules, best Lego game ever

2 Likes

I’m into the penultimate act of pillars 2 and I am confident in calling it the best Bioware style RPG ever made by a pretty comfortable margin (to the extent that all the kotors and torments and dragon ages and all of obsidian’s independent output are all basically Baldur’s Gate).

this is as distinguished from original sin (which is more of an Ultima 7 / Fallout thing with a lot of Chrono Trigger thrown in for good measure) or Witcher 3 (which is more like morrowind by way of red dead), but hell if it isn’t up there

RPGs are so good these days

4 Likes

Today I played way too much Dynasty Warriors 4. That game’s difficulty curve is really unbalanced. The whole thing is kind of jank and I love it.

The game doesn’t have any tutorial levels or intro cutscenes, so it kind of just throws you into it. It took me a while to figure out how the game is actually meant to be played. The first level took me three tries, and on the third try I took half an hour to beat it. After that, the next four levels each took about ten minutes. By the time I reached Act III I was getting fucked several times over by the immensely powerful Lu Bu, who wipes over half of my health in one combo.

I don’t really know what I’m meant to do other than grind in previously played levels, because it just seems like a case of me being under-leveled. The combo system was super rigid until I hit weapon level 4, which expanded my moveset and allowed me to do 15-hit juggles when my previous highest combo was like 5 hits. I’m having a lot of fun with it, and I’m surprisingly engaged. I have a very short attention span for video games, but I sat and played for several hours today. Maybe I was just craving some good old-fashioned beat em up gameplay.

3 Likes

looks like this player couldn’t handle the Ballz

4 Likes

I always game with honor but you better believe if some Blanka named “cum gobler” beat me using “lag tactics” I would also leave the session…forever.

The only game I’ve played this week is Street Fighter 4, which is a bad game, and the only times I ever lost at it were due to lag, or because I just didn’t care enough to win okay.

3 Likes