Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

According to what I’ve read about Leslie Benzies’ case, Sam Houser’s life seems to be exactly that of a sleazy GTA character whom you kill after money goes to his head and he doublecrosses you, so who knows if his games are meant to be an exaggerated parody

I bought Starfox 64 for 3DS the other day, and boy did they put a lot of effort in the re-recording of the dialogue to make sure it matched exactly ( and possibly exceeded ) the laughably bad voice acting of the original. I have also totally lost all skill in that game.

I also started playing Crystal Warriors for the Sega Game Gear. It is a pretty nifty little SRPG sort of like a much simplified Fire Emblem. It seems to have some kind of elemental Rock-paper-scissors type thing and monster taming, and also a kind of Shining Force style walk-around-the-towns-after-battles feature, although it is just the same tiny town every time. It has permadeath too, which I found out after my ranger died and was gone forever.

It seems to be missing some fairly critical features though, like being able to check stats during battles and being able to cancel a move after selecting a unit.

1 Like

Man, I definitely thought Hitman was the worst one. Maybe I’m just too seduced by grafixxx

I only played hitman and was not impressed with it, so I was happy to hear it was apparently the worst

Appropriately I have the top score on Blueberry in Jelly Juggle (Android version).

Metal Wolf Chaos is a fun single player campaign that is great the first time. Once you finish it you’ll never want to play it ever again though.

1 Like

I mean Deus Ex Go tries to have a plot, complete with dialogue, so that automatically makes it the worst.

i played this this evening coz i needed to chill out. it worked! it’s nice and slow and quiet and pretty, though i keep accidentally losing half my ecosystem coz i don’t notice in time how low a species’ food stocks are getting

That’s a pretty hardline position, considering how meager and relatively unobtrusive it is. I think the fact that it’s prettier and the enemy types and player abilities are more interesting more than makes up for that.

By a wide margin the ugliest of the three, I think.

But… it moves.

I can’t stand the weird little static game piece guys.

The OST for Lara Croft Go is by far the best

The coolest thing I’ve done in PUBG

1 Like

Yeah, I gave this a go and the base game requires a lot of intervention if you want to finish the story via research journal. Which is a shame because there’s a lot of inventiveness in the various methods of propagation of the fungi and there’s a sketch of a workable food chain.

I ran through the first 2/3 of torment numenera in like 7 hours after they patched in a new companion that was only recruitable in the early game and I still think this has been massively underrated. it’s a bad RPG maybe but it’s got the best writing and direction of anything

– which is weird because that was also what people said about the original and it seemed like a lot of the feedback centred on it being a poor successor, which is also wrong

It’s near the top of my list! I’m just… very… slow.

Sillouette Mirage is very bad.

The best part of Echo Night is the deadpan voice acting.

whats that tim rogers quote about bioshock infinite? “the best game ever and the worst game ever smashed together in a supercollider” or something. i think that’s actually resident evil 6. it has 4 campaigns! 4! with (presumably) 4 final bosses! it’s ridiculous excess. absolute banger

highlights so far w 2 campaigns down:

• junji ito-ish bit in chris’ campaign where yre invisible walled into three stories of rlly narrow residential hallways and you have to run around and find these giant manbug enemies that skitter around the ceilings and run through you knocking you down as soon as you get near. real pathos to those vermin.
    -full starting up a car qte
    -enemies wearing porcelain masks that shatter when you hit them
    -the early progression in leon’s campaign, going to a cathedral into caves under the cathedral into labs under the caves
    -every boss fight has like 5 fucking phases
    -jetfighter level
    -sunsets
    -el giganto fight in a battlefield 2 modern combat map
    -crystalline icecaves with xylophone footstep sounds
    -yamming around on skidoos looking for USBs in a blizzard
    -multiple crash bandicoot style running into screen sequences
    -UI that changes depending on what type of phone the player character has at a given moment
    -this one gleaming gold door, or at least it’s the only one i’ve found !rare collectible!

the whole thing reminds me of this arthur jafa phrase “art at the tempo of emergency”. it isn’t at the tempo of emergency. but it could be. i wonder what that would look like. as is its maybe the apex of vidcon excess, twenty plus hours of ironic “lol that owns”

8 Likes

Whenever I think videogames can get no more decadent there always seems to be a studio/project around to give the boat another shove

Tastelessness is infinite

2 Likes

I played the the new indie River City Ransom for 8 hours yesterday. It was really good 2 player. Like it was 8 hours good.

2 Likes