Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

THE CURSED IDOL MUST BE RETURNED

Maybe my favorite step forward in Demon’s Souls was them abandoning specifics around gods, kings, spells, heroes, and cloaking it in vagueness. Of course Dark Souls takes a step back from this (and people seem to love recreating specific events with specific characters) so my lust for specifically-non-specific game mythologies may be unusual

1 Like

wait people let their loved ones know about this place?

1 Like

She was specifically referring to this time there was a really ugly thread in the axe and I was texting her all the nuclear takes from work all day.

When I first admitted to her that I was a member of a video game forum she mistakingly called it “my blog” and has been doing so ever since. “You spend too much time on your damn blog.”

18 Likes

It helped tremendously that I didn’t have to explain what sb was to my wife long before she met Booji, who is a lovely and immediately decent-seeming guy that made her a lot less skeptical than she might otherwise have been

4 Likes
2 Likes

The most my spouse Julie will have to do with SB is following various figures on social media. It’s a little embarrassing how much we talk about the stuff @toups posts.

5 Likes

I’ve accidentally started my gf on calling Tim “The Internet’s Tim Rogers”.

And if she sees me browsing the forums she asks me if I’m selecting buttons

11 Likes

[concerned] where did you get all of this great orb-related content?

7 Likes

i bought dead cells, but im not sure im going to keep it

The charm of Breath of Fire is that it’s apparent that the developers had no idea how to pace an RPG and just wanted to make something neat

That being said, I only play it when I need to fall asleep

3 Likes

Yeah, SB has been a big enough thing in my life that there’s no way my wife and parents haven’t known, if only because I have had to explain why I have traveled to Kentucky, California, Seattle, Texas, and Japan.

But also it has been made easier by my wife getting to meet a lot of the good people of this place (as of now, she has met Felix, Mikey, Rudie, and some of the OG Louisville crew (who came to our wedding)), so she gets it, even if she has no inclination to be a part of this.

Also, the list of one-line reviews was hanging on my fridge when my wife’s work friend was over, and he was cracking up at it, so I told him to stop by at some point if he feels like it, but he might have been a little too drunk to remember that.

1 Like

My wife is near the end of Talos Principle after playing it on and off for a few months.
It’s basically her third game after the Witness and Edith Finch. It has been interesting.

Some notes:

• Talos Principle has more timing related puzzles than you remember

• She keeps calling it Tales of Principle

• She didn’t want to try 3rd person mode because she didn’t want to know how the avatar looks like.
    She ended up disappointed when she found out anyway (with the replay tool)
    I guess normal people naturally expect videogame protagonists to look underwhelming

• She cannot possibly care about engaging with the story and only bothers with puzzles.
    Makes me realize that most other medias are inherently focused, and the gameplay / story schizophrenic divide in videogames is very particular
    Maybe engaging with both story and gameplay is like choosing to read every page of a newspaper just because you bought it
    I don’t know where I’m going with this

• We have renamed our small cube-shaped outdoor fridge « the hexahedron »

16 Likes

i like this

1 Like

someone send an anonymous tip to Bandai Namco office for name ideas

1 Like

Started it a while back, just didn’t get very far. Love its style but the way she moves and handles was kinda slippery to me. Definitely getting back to it sometime. After the ~25 hours I just put into Hollow Knight, probably taking a break from the type. Addictive as they itch me!

Just made sure my save was around for Forbidden Siren 2, played the first and Blood Curse enough times I should really finish that.

Chuchel is GROW surrealist Czech ball of hair

1 Like

Last night I played a few rounds of Siege with @Felix. It was fun. I’ll have some time after March 11; let’s get a crew going.

1 Like

Just need to secure a decent headset and I am in on Siege. (I’ve played ten minutes because I worry that I will be bad without a headset to communicate effectively)

as mentioned I use a webcam mic from 2010 plus a single-ear A2DP Bluetooth headphone that looks like a hearing aid and I do just fine

Not at the game, I’m awful at that, at communicating

How does Sephiroth even walk around? It honestly looks like more of a hassle than it’s probably worth.

12 Likes