Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

Yeah, so far tonally it seems to owe alot to BR’s gloominess but it also has that “the people making it also probably at least read Neuromancer too” playful n strange cyberpunk gloss that’s missing from things like the new Deus Ex games. From playing the start I think it owes a lot (like a whoooooole lot) to PT and Gone Home, and I’m kind of hoping it either sticks the landing or takes a completely different direction.

2 Likes

I played Faith last night after the News post about Faith 2, hadn’t heard of it before then. Mostly pretty effective, good aesthetic, somewhat creepy but not to the extent that I’d pictured from the trailer. A few criticisms:

• There’s not much of a build, two screens in and you’re waving your cross around to scare demons. Might’ve worked better to let you find a way into the house first, creepy stuff on the edges of the screen before you’re actually attacked.
  • It could be more sure of its own identity. The first readable thing I found was a birthday card with a creepy clown on it and not long after I found a dead fox that said Chaos Reigns. No one’s ever doing themselves favors with horror/immersion by referencing other things.
  • There are 5 endings but the Good Ending is the one you’re most railroading into. Most of the others are just silly but the 1 that the demon seems to want to trick you into killing the girl I had no idea where she even was. A little more signposting or trickery into getting you to make the wrong choice would’ve been nice. The other endings are mostly jokes or nonsensical to access.

Anyways for a buck or two I enjoyed the style, sound, and the cross mechanic wasn’t too shabby. I’ll definitely play part 2.

Hey @HOBO @boojiboy7 that rooftop battle in Kiwami is absolute garbage you are right.

2 Likes

smt iv runs at full speed now on some configuration of citra I found, so…

yeah, booted it up, looks cool.

1 Like

Double Eagle is a sweet high resolution graphical interface from 1988 designed by Artdink for Sharp’s X68000 home entertainment computer that happens to also function as a golfing videogame.

6 Likes

today i was depressed so I went for my comfort series, Pokemon. I played a good chunk of pokemon black overleveling my starter as the early game pokemon are too lame for my cool team. I really hate the low encounter rate in the desert for certain dudes tho. Right now my team is Pignite and maractus and im trying to find a sigilyph thru all the junk guys

3 Likes

Black/white felt so frrresh

1 Like

I hated them a lot at the time, and for years afterward, but they’re alright.

Also found the other pokemon I was looking for, and it helped me get a clutch victory at the gym, surviving a spark from elesa’s zebstrika with 1 hp left!

i actually think B/W is one of the strongest pairs in the series. It’s got immaculate pacing and challenge design (it doesn’t get “hard” until post-game, like usual, but is less easy overall than other Pokemon games). i have a real fondness for the “new 150” too. i think new Pokemon designs since that generation have been overall really interesting and good, it seems like they got some fresh talent in the room for gen 5.

My favorite sand allies were these little dudes

What a pleasant intro, I had to stop myself for a second in thinking the rest of the music was in-game as well though.

didn’t play any games today or yesterday even but i did think about lightning returns a lot

what an odd game

5 Likes

One of the youngsters at the shop is getting into old Pokemon for reasons well beyond my ken

I introduced them to smogon.com because I am very bad

4 Likes

Oh the monster designs were great. I hated Black and White for the story stuff, especially all of the rival characters. Way too talky!

Playing Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, it’s pretty great if a bit too easy.

I notice some odd similarities to Metal Gear Solid V: rescuing hostages, using chimera wings to fulton enemies back to home base where they become friends, giant robot battles

2 Likes

Despite my huge reservations about a lot of things re: snatcher (and of course policenauts) I finally played snatcher. This prompted a discussion with my girlfriend, where I talked about my feelings on those two games, to which she only replied, and I quote, “wasn’t this a selectbutton post?” :waynestare:

13 Likes

I keep coming back to rusty’s real deal baseball’s cage batting

Sfx in this game - 10 out of 10

1 Like

still mad rusty’s was never released in pal territories

edit:

i think this is my favorite ps2 game.

7 Likes

God damn, brutal

1 Like

That first one looks like some spooky found footage.