Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

sorry for double post

BUT

KF1!!! is a very interesting game. it is also 100% unnecessary to play unless you REALLY like KF. i played them KF 2 > 1 > 3, and 1 was a great experience; problem was, it was mostly great in that it was very cool to see the contrasts between 1 and 2. 2 really does go a long way in trying to make 1 into a “real” game, as at times 1 feels a bit too narrow in scope and stifled.

you can also tell the game was pretty rushed.

music’s good, tho, and the final boss is very cool indeed

1 Like

I had heard it before but actually playing it holy shit Doom64 rules even if it is infact as all say too fucking dark.

8 Likes

i’ll def try again! i suspect part of giving up had to do with not knowing what the hell i was doing but now that i have this secret knowledge like arrows and damage, well, brace yourself, ANTS

1 Like

I like being able to play talos on my phone but I’m bouncing off of it the same way I did the original release due to the combination of deliberately perfunctory, repetitive art + Tom Jubert’s writing tending toward “philosophy 101, but purpler.” It kind of worked in the swapper but it’s in the way too much here.

Nah the writing is good, the phil101 is only surface level of the game. It’s not “deep” or whatever but it does cool things with applying its philosophy concepts directly to the game mechanics that feels nice. Its pretty much an inverted Searle’s Chinese Room

I subscribed to this month’s Humble Monthly for the Dark Souls 3 deal. It turns out that all subscribers have access to a bunch of indie games they can just go ahead and download, even before the current month’s bundle unlocks. There’s a new Nifflas game called Uurnog that’s available until 3/2. I’m glad I caught it before then!

I just played a little bit of it, and it’s really nice! It feels like a major throwback to the early-mid 2000’s freeware scene. It’s a Super Mario Bros. 2, but with more of a puzzle-platformer metrovania structure. The puzzles so far are simple but crunchy, that perfect brain candy difficulty level where you don’t have to think too hard, but it feels good.

Humble bundle is a great way to stock up on games for your steam library. i was really happy when I got Snake Pass a couple of months ago.

Humble Monthly also has the beta of Brandon Sheffield’s “Oh Deer!”. I didn’t like Gunhouse, but this game is pretty rad. It’s Out Run meets Enter the Void, with a totally bonkers, exaggerated drift mechanic. You glitch in and out of different environments while racing around hitting deers to go faster. I recommend it for 15 minute good time.

I was just thinking about getting an air mouse to play games that require a pointing device on my laptop then I realized that the Wiimote in my closet could kind of do that

I’m really bad at playing nuclear throne this way so far

I finished Dandara after 6 hours and 20 minutes. It became messier as it went on, but still had a few wortwhile moments

Pixel paintings

The yellow part of the map is a giant wall that separates the sanctuary city (brown) from the rest of the game (green/ purple)

On the wall are a ton of weapons. Some machineguns and poison guns automatically shoot anything on sight. Then there are two intense guys who track you down between rooms (!), one with a mobile turret (seen above), one with a mobile lasergun

Despite the gap on the map, the wall is completely unbreachable from the outside.
You have to go all around the wall getting shot on sight, come all the way back also getting shot on sight, leave, and finish another dungeon before entering the wall.

This wall is such bullshit, and also the best part of the game. It conveyed the unfairness of the situation very well, with no dialogue.

God help you when you get to that part

The final boss has a Magus-ian flashy entrance

And it’s a big tablet.

8 Likes

another thing i forgot to mention about digimon: your office is in nakano broadway, and it actually has mandarake upstairs! you can’t go in there though.

current team is

a wizard
Wisemon_b

a zombie cyborg dinosaur
MetalTyrannomon_b

and kamen rider
Stingmon_b

3 Likes

You don’t need to be a Humble Monthly subscriber to get Uurnog, the games which have the green “Free until X/Y” banner are DRM free downloads for anyone until that date (well, i think you need a free humble bundle account).

1 Like

Wish I had looked at Cool Cool Toon ever before my buddy gifted it to me at my wedding.

Holy shit I hate it. I hate this game. Mechanically it is maybe the worst rhtym game devised.

Analog 360 degrees then trying to read what circle is going to hit first requires some massive brain rewriting that I can’t get behind. Holy shit.

i beat xenoblade 2! i like it. i don’t think it’s as good as xenoblade x, which remains the high watermark for open world design, because the spatial design just isn’t as comprehensive here. though i was just as impressed here by the surprising amount of follow-through to & networking of seemingly trivial sidequests, as well as the relationship yre encouraged to build to the very potemkin industrial & residential architecture (even seemingly one off dungeon environs) over the course of the game. it’s a bit like if all the prefab architecture from mass effect 1 was remotely interesting

are all the xeno games abt re-constitutions of the human post extinction event? cos thats kind of terrifying

Been playing Metal Gear SurVive, and it’s way better and more interesting than I expected. It feels like a game SB would like, but then I remembered that it’s kind of game-news political.

Anyway, it’s pretty good! It’s consciously more mechanically focused than past Metal Gear games, which makes for a really fun loop of going out on scouting missions and returning back home to craft/build stuff.

Anyone else playing this?

2 Likes

Saga’s thing is having a reset button to go back before a human (and all that particular reality) extinction event occurs. But the heroes reject this and I guess we’re supposed to be optimistic but it’s entirely possible they’ve just doomed everything to ending for good, though it’s implied that the resets just means the exact same shit happens over and over but no one on that plane of existence has any way of knowing if the button has ever even been used before or not either.

gettin pumped for into the breach so I’m finally checking out fe: awakening now that it runs OK in citra

i am not!! and probably never will, to be honest (for practical reasons more than anything)

but i’ve seen some videos and the game’s overall loop seems like something i could easily sink a few dozens of hours in. i like the big eldritch-horror-monster hanging out in the dust. seems like there’s a whole lot of spear-ing and not a lot of gun-ing and cqc-ing, which seems like a waste. but, uh, what do i know!

32afeec93697d97c9c6d928eef54dadf

holy shit dude

9 Likes

I asked you not to share my profile.

4 Likes