Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

How do you have that many hours on record and only 22 achievements?

Iā€™m guessing that they only play ryu

4 Likes

thinks back on Xenosagaā€™s wrap up and finale

Youā€™re right and thatā€™s what was kinda cool and open-ended but also a little chilling about it. Freedom from eternal recurrence with, IIRC, their universe seeming infinite yet void-like all over again.

Episode III made up for a lot of the previous game and then some, but it was a hard sell for anyone that wasnā€™t already invested or interested up to that point.

2 Likes

xenogears is about god band-aiding a boo-boo

i really like xenogears i think it has actual things to say

3 Likes

SAO Fatal Bullet is actually a PS2 game but spit shined to make you think otherwise. When itā€™s not being a talk head simulator (which kinda makes more of a PS2 game) itā€™s a fun abstraction of what a shooter MMO might play like. (Anyone remember Global Agenda?)

Fatal Bullet plays a lot like what I thought Huxley was going to play like

ā€¦

people remember about Huxley, right

1 Like

Quake/UT gameplay but WoWā€™s everything else?

1 Like

seems like thereā€™s a whole lot of spear-ing and not a lot of gun-ing and cqc-ing, which seems like a waste. but, uh, what do i know!

This is just at the very early beginning. You quickly start getting other weapons and upgrading your CQC abilities. My current preferred loadout is a baseball bat, a bow and arrow with flaming arrows, and some molitav cocktails.

You also get the ability to build fences and barricades wherever you want, and a major part of the game is defending an area while Zombies stream in from multiple points. These parts are really fun and difficult.

3 Likes

Global Agenda was rad but it wasnā€™t really an MMO in any meaningful sense.

all ive played lately is some dumb hammer related game on mobile. I like how ridiculous they keep getting

Langrisser Millenium was pretty good! As a macro tactical war game with 3d real time tps action battles. You choose from 7 hella 2000era anime designs (i chose naked feral jungle girl who just found out sheā€™s a real princess) and after a short 2minute introduction you are dumped into the game and start going around and fighting battles and taking cities. The menus were dangerous kanji and too many options and thatā€™s where srpgs of all kinds start to lose me. I couldnā€™t figure out how to heal and you have to do a lot of juggling different units/cities/unitposition. Like if it was in my native english I could see myself getting into it until it was broken and I was an unstoppable god. I liked how quickly i was playing the video game though!

@loki Web Mystery is not an online only FMV Adventure game. It is an FMV game with a personal internet thing. I had to find something on the webring design and got bored. It seemed cool but stumbling around 1998 web-design was not great? A neat oddity none the less! Nine out of Ten.

3 Likes

iā€™ve been playing a copious amount of persona 5. probably good that in copious amounts since iā€™ve had the game since release date and have played it on and off for almost a year now, which probably makes it easier to digest all the animuism.

iā€™m currently in the sixth dungeon which I believe is the second to last if PS trophy list is of any indication. at this point i think i have figured out both the remaining OBVIOUS villain, the BACKSTAB villain, but not the COSMIC ENTITY villain, all which should at least be present if P3 and P4 story structures are something to go by.

other then that, the dungeoneering is fun as always and battles are an absolutely delightful as expected from a MT game. waifus are ok.

2 Likes

I just beat Persona 5 but I had to turn it off before the credits rolled because the ending was such a mess.

4 Likes

I feel less and less bad for bailing on that game half way through

1 Like

YEAH BABY LETā€™S GO

1 Like

are you trying to say you never saw it coming?

4 Likes

The actual part that made me quit, yes, but the amount of mess before that was a bit of a surprise. In general I donā€™t think you should introduce a problem that takes weeks to solve and also weeks later solve it within the same ā€˜cutsceneā€™ (sequence that has no player control, anyways). The ending of P5 thinks otherwise, and did it twice in the same cutscene!

iā€™m playing grand theft auto san andreas on my xbox upscaled to 1080 via an adapter and i think a function of the softmod that came w/ my used console??

it looks like raw miniDV shit and my monitor is weird and fucked up so its blurry and surreal when people speak outside of cutscenes. it looks so much better than the pc version. iā€™m gonna seek out half life 2 on xbox for this same reason.

i use a computer monitor because it was cheaper than all the actual tvs at the store

5 Likes

Puyo Puyo Tetris PC port is bad. It runs like garbage and glitches out. I bought it through Amazon so I canā€™t refund it. Iā€™m pretty bummed out.

thanks for the warning. perhaps they will patch it later.