Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

2 Likes

whatever issues i have with gr2, the new dlc is good and got me playing it again

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m about halfway through Linkā€™s Awakening.

For someone who has finished For the Frog the Bell Tolls and never finished a Zelda this seems like the perfect gateway into the series.
I doubt many people fit into that category though.

3 Likes

Finally I have filled up the Alola Pokedex, only took me 96 hours.:dancepig:

Next up is Omega Ruby, I think I am about 80% through the Hoenn Pokedex

2 Likes

I played Civ 6 last night to give it another shot. Itā€™s cool but I am not clicking with this game.

same

I just donā€™t think I want to love another Civ after 4

Iā€™d rather just watch MadDjinn play Civ 6 (even though he has an annoying nerd voice)

the only good civ game is alpha centauri

thatā€™s definitely the only one thatā€™s as good as civ 4

Talos Principle is incredibly crunchy and nausea inducing because Iā€™m getting old and my eyes can no longer maintain FPS movement without inner ear confirmation. Plus Iā€™m getting really old sassy messages left by Haze and km.

1 Like

talos principle is the rare game that has too-many-options for reducing motion sickness

Holy shit I didnā€™t even check that out. TRYING THISā€¦

No such thing.

1 Like

my friend stopped by from out of town and we had a pokemon battle (3rd gen remakes) and i kicked his butt and it ruled :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™m obsessed with Player Unknownā€™s Battlegrounds, the worst named best game. Itā€™s totally bro-y but Iā€™m in love with it.

1 Like

i wonder if it is better than rust. rust is great but it always feels like it will be so much better on the next update that sometimes you just want to wait for more updates. there are emergent moments of insane tension, though. unique feeling to those open-world large server multiplayer survival games, but rust does it better than most

interested in pubg, though

i think PUBG just has really nailed the average match length, the main problem with these games is the time where it just feels empty and you are doing nothing. but yeah 15-30 minute match length and the current popularity of the game making matchmaking almost instant works out so well.

1 Like

I will say that PUBG lacks the tension of ā€œWill this person kill me, or are they friendly-ishā€ that Rust has. Everyone will kill you on sight, if possible. That said, every conflict is incredibly tense because, typically, one person is unaware of the other. Springing a trap is very satisfying, and being pinned down by an unknown assailant is pretty interesting as well.

And yes, the genius here is the match length being much much shorter, along with the constantly decreasing map size forcing the remaining players into more and more tense situations. Even just chilling in a house is tense when you know that either youā€™re going to have to abandon it to get to the safe area, or that players are going to be in the vicinity as the safe area becomes smaller and smaller around you.

The second-to-second concern in PUBG is typically noise, which is interesting. You can hear gunshots from a long way off, and vehicles are loud as hell, plus thereā€™s the wide variety of footstep volumes and sounds that players produce depending on their speed. I find myself thinking about how much noise I am making on a regular basis while also trying to calculate how distant and in what direction the noises I am hearing are. More than once Iā€™ve used the covering sound of a plane to make a speedy escape.

Best Iā€™ve done was the 8th remaining player, and that was on my first go. Since then Iā€™ve only gotten worse.

I would love to play this in a squad with SBers some weekend.

1 Like

finally we can experience the likes of battle royale and the hunger games without all that ā€œkilling is badā€ stuff

(it probably is fun tho)

2 Likes

this is true of pretty much 90% of rust players in 2017, though there are still a lot of interesting mexican standoff type situations if neither player has a gun

1 Like