Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

It’s also weird and budget-y which is more surprising the internet exploding for it.

80s Japan was filthy. I love how the color pallete has been altered to match film from the era.

1 Like

yeah I kind of wish it hadn’t been a full price release in NA (apparently kiwami isn’t going to be) but it was absolutely worth it.

mid-to-high-budget japanese games are on the up and up again, honestly, I think that’s a lot of it.

and as everyone has said, even if they don’t do quite as much with the setting as they could, 80s japan definitely made a really good sales pitch.

1 Like

My name on there is Ayanami77Ivy. Same name for everything. The original copy of Bullet Soul I think comes only with the vanilla/original mode. You might be playing a different mode from me but I have been playing all the types or ships on my copy. Best scores have been with the blue police chick ship. I like the red fast ship with the edge lord more, but his shot is very weak and drives me batty. I will pick up the Steam Copy soon.

Damn I am tired. Too much noise in my life right now. Got to enjoy a couple of more plays on Bullet Soul but have not been able to dive in as much as I would like.

Lost Odyssey is a bad game.

The sort stories are pretty good, though

been going back and forth between trails in the sky fc and bloodborne. both are rich and deep! like a good bowl of soup

3 Likes

Nah they are the same if you asked a class of English Majors to write with the same premise. Then you’d also have authorial variety.

And you don’t even need the game to read them.

Tim says it’s a mature game for adults. Are you telling me you’re a baby?? The baby mayor of babytown.

3 Likes

For adults sure whatever.

No wait this one is way better

I made a mistake playing with the monotone Japanese voice acting and not the over the top English garbage job.

Someone find an image that the final boss is a pair of pants.

I always forget those two kids had like Phil’s and Lil’s voices from Rugrats. Why couldn’t the protagonist have just been Stu Pickles?

1 Like

I knew Mario Maker on 3DS was gonna be really streetpass-intensive, but I figured there’d at least be a way to go online and look up compatible levels from Wii U creators or something. Nope: other than streetpass, the only online levels you can access are completely randomized from a set of Nintendo-curated lists. Pretty frustrating, not least because in the Year of the Twilight of the Wii U, streetpass is likewise disappearing from the American Heartland. I need to get to a gaming convention or something.

Night in the Woods is pretty great. I wish I was better at the Guitar Hero minigame.

i had the day off so i played 12 hours of bloodborne :pangya_puke:

i tried to play it around this time last year, made it to hemwick charnel lane and gave up because it didn’t click w me…this playthrough it finally clicked with me around 6 hours in and now i’m loving it. this game is cool! the final boss is open to me now so i’m gonna hop into the dlc and work through that before finishing it up.

3 Likes

so stan on the selectbutton discord had a spare legend of grimrock 2 key, i took it and played it through

you can find stream archives for the second half of the game here, promise no embeds this time. i’m not saving these archives anyway so they’ll be gone in a couple weeks.

This game might be one of the few times I have actually felt uncanny valley for the way the game plays. The graphics are surprisingly nice looking for a 3d indie game, w/ lots of clever asset reuse, but the gameplay is still 2d grid jukes to do anything.

This is a game that it as its best when it is map exploration, navigation, and puzzles. It’s at its worst when it’s forcing you to do its janky combat. Something that I feel is important to note is that Grimrock 2 has a lot more thin corridors and areas where you are boxed in than the first game, and I think this plays into making it play more like an RPG than a weird exercise in kiting, because you honestly can’t avoid facetanking fights in a lot of situations and so actually have to consider your stats.

I played on Hard/Ironman. Hard increases the enemy difficulty noticeably, in retrospect this probably soured me on some of the later game, and Ironman makes it so you can only save at crystals. (Not like other games’ Ironmans. You can reload saves here fine.) Went blind with no spoilers and had a few points where I had serious trouble but otherwise I made it through.

Would absolutely recommend if you wanted to have an interesting exploration/puzzle experience which honestly doesn’t really exist in most rpgs these days, but think carefully before clicking that hard difficulty box.

my first encounter with the final boss was kind of hilarious though

6 Likes

Good Lord Yakuza Zero is extremely effective at wasting your time. I am like 20 hours in and there is tons of the side shit I haven’t touched.

1 Like

Finished up Gravity Rush Remastered a couple nights ago. Despite certain design decisions, I enjoyed it quite a bit! I played the GR2 demo yesterday and was immediately impressed at the leap in quality. It reminds me a lot of how inFamous went from being flawed (well, garbage) to really charming (and eventually super gross) and frictionally satisfying in its sequel.

i still can’t finish gravity rush 2, it’s so good in almost every way but something never clicks

finished bloodborne, soloed everything including every optional boss in the main game + dlc

woo!!!

edit: i streamed it for a friend so here’s my winning run against orphan of kos. close!!!

edit edit: this run makes me look like a bad player and that is correct, i am a bad player. but i still beat it

edit edit edit: the video timestamp changed on its own and i don’t care just skip around and watch me die to dlc bosses

3 Likes

Bad players who still beat blood borne unite

Sup

6 Likes

4 Likes

If I didn’t know any better, I’d start to think you like these games.