Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

what a fucking game

i thought it was literally impossible lol

I remember it being very hard even knowing what to do.

Still, I do kind of dig the rest of the game

I keep a copy of Siphon Filter just to taze dudes until they burst into flames.

Wish I had kept my copy of Soviet Strike. “War… War has changed.”

I wish I could “press ‘back’ to meditate” irl

Go back to Driver, download a save if you have to in order to unlock various cities and side-modes, then go play around with Survival mode. I have no idea if it holds up at all, but it was basically all the cops in the game put into a suicidal, almost superpowered rage to try and destroy you from all angles. You could get absolutely wrecked in under 15 seconds, it was glorious at the time.

3 Likes

Driver’s physics are kind of amazing in survival mode (at least when I played on PC many years ago) because if enough cops ram you into a building, your car launches hundreds of feet into the air.

2 Likes

Yeah, from what I recall everything in Survival is turned up to 11. It is just a bit ridiculous without stepping all the way into insanity.

…But then your car gets launched directly to heaven and everything changes.

1 Like

The main error that I remember causing flying in survival mode was if you got another car to flip, and collided with bottom of the flipped car, the game had no idea what to do, so up you went. Even cops did this, which is how we got a cop flying in front of the sun in Miami. SanFran was the most fun level for the jumps, but for some reason Miami caused more physics errors.

I used to regularly get close to a minute in survival back in college. I had a Problem.

6 Likes

I’m playing Gravity Rush Remastered and everything has to be leveled up for no reason.

Just maxed out my kick. “To increase the level cap, raise your reputation by completing story missions or repairing City projects.” NO VIDEOGAME, THAT’S THE OPPOSITE OF THE THING I WANT

yeah GR’s game design is not equal to its art or moveset, it’s a bummer

1 Like

Yo guys, Kat murders, like, so many people just going from place to place in this game. I have unintentionally hurled so many people into the void.

1 Like

on the plus side the GR2 demo is free and I would recommend that much gravity rush to most people

oof I’d have to boot it back up, but sounds like your doing fine, What ‘type’ are you playing what ship are you meaning?

I hear it’s too easy, but I think it’s fine, once you start going for score I think the mechanics makes sense and honestly it’s fun to play through because I think it gives you more of a chance than other shops.
Are we steam friends? I bet you whipped my score but it could be fun.

Related I’ve been getting a bit back into
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours

This game is crazy you’ll. I’m understanding a bit more reading up on it, but man it feels more like a stump you play THROUGH than over and over again. I mean you’ll find repetition, but there are so many modes and so many levels it feels fresh in a way few of these games do.
The DLC is a love letter to the genre, and frankly is the best implementation of DLC I’ve seen for a game in awhile, to where I want to see them take this as far as it will fly. Each pack gives you ship and a line up of levels in the DLC mode that would be a shumps worth of levels in any other game. Then you can use the ships on any other set’s DLC.
It gets pretty crazy and feels like a game unto itself. The translation of the ships across the board is pretty solid and works in the game damn well.

Wish I could expound further, still soaking it in again. I wish I had better reflexes but I’m having fun. Really getting into a slump groove again.

1 Like
furthest

Hero Trap is from this year’s 7DRL, and while that naturally comes with a certain lack of polish the central conceits here are stunning- it weaponizes combinatoric maximalism. Consumable properties and equipment egos all cycle across different item mediums to change drastically in nature with each seed, while monsters with severe gimmicks are introduced via cascading sets rather than the genre default’s randomized melange of filler and spikes. Numbers are low and stats are basically absent, with combat compressed down hard to support such a chaotic superstructure. A casual, silly flavour fits the influences (and roster grouping) mentioned on the title screen of Necrodancer and Shiren and Brogue, and quickly-informative descriptions also are given character for the player @ rather than relying obtuse kitchen-sink worldbuilding and ciphers.

I would have won with a Chainmail of Caustic Gas if not for said minor absences of in terms of spoilers- Jabberwocks moving fast killed me when I would have otherwised crushed them. I also wish roguelike interfaces eases like inventory auto-sort, resting buttons, and equipment-cycling were in, especially for builds after the 7DRL.

1 Like

No one told me Yakuza Zero would have crazy Fire Walk With Me style music. Also is easily the best Yakuza game.

Doing a much better job with characters than whatever 5 was trying to do. Most of my current Yak impressions are based off how much I didn’t like 5.

1 Like

yup, 0 is just very solid. Makes a totally run of the mill game design super worthwhile.

1 Like