Games You Played Today Classic Mini

This was…never how it worked. It was always the d-pad, unless you played a really weird version of these games. The right stick is the camera. I mean, this is the HD versions, but I don’t think they changed the controls.

And yeah, the shortcuts have been there since forever as well.

Really, hearing people talk about old KH games having played through them all in the past 6 months makes me wonder what games people played a decade ago.

regrettably,

1 Like

Note also that it says the d-pad does that as well, though, so I don’t know why anyone would use the r-stick.

It is hilarious though they they doubled up on ways to control the command menu, but left the camera movement just one the shoulder buttons. That is some great “we haven’t figured out what the right stick is for yet” design.

Alright let’s play some Kingdom Hearts!

5 Likes

I mean, if you are using a ps4 controller and can’t figure out how to use the shortcuts, or move your thumb over to a dpad of a second or two, I dunno, i got nothing for ya and you should totally never play KH.

the original PS2 Kingdom Hearts def made you use the stick and the camera control was done with the L2/R2, as was the lock-on control. it was wack.

i… as someone who was obsessed with the first couple games (when i was like 12, jeezus) i feel like i’m late to the party. Or more like, i got to the party way too early and never got my second wind, everyone’s talking KH3 and lolling over what a stupid mess of a series it is and i’m like “yeah what else is new”. But them being actually decent games would be new, i guess!

2 Likes

I think I played peacewalker like that but on the other side

3 Likes

Peacewalker being Kojima’s MonHun, it totally used claw controls, yeah.

1 Like

this is why those bumpers and paddles found on Bone Elites and SCUF’s should be stock on next gen controllers

1 Like

I regularly claw my right hand as such when playing soulsborne games to run and control the camera at once

4 Likes

I liked Right stick for menu control so I could multitask during “dodge everything” phases in boss fights to get specific items. I think KH2 had a button you could hold to lock the camera and use the Rigth stick for menu.

ratatoing

4 Likes

Dang don’t even joke. Longest 43 minutes of my life.

Does the game not use the touchpad for commands

Come on guys, fucking Killzone did that and that was a launch game

2 Likes

pretty much only launch games ever bothered to use the touchpad as anything but a big chunky button. The industry’s been pretending there’s no touch functionality in the DS4 since like the PS4’s third month

2 Likes

The led bar on the other hand :thinking:

1 Like

it’s such a theoretically novel way to throw a touchpad on a controller too

uh in other news I just got soulcalibur 6 on the strength of how pleased I was with tekken 7’s presentation and refunded it immediately

nowhere near as much charm or enthusiasm and the cheeseball situation is out of control

did not anticipate the extent to which one of these would feel like a celebration and the other a skeezy cash grab

2 Likes

I do favour using the touchpad for text input on the PS4.

Saints Row 4 lets you optionally use the touchpad for QTEs and it’s pretty terrible.

I think Let It Die used it for inventory management that seemed interesting at the time?

let it die used the touchpad, yeah. you swiped left and right to shuffle through your mushroom inventory, and you clicked one side of the button to eat the current mushroom, or the other side to throw it.

oneechanbara z2 has qtes where you have to swipe across the touchpad or tap (but not press) it

Glad I’m not the only one.

I mean, I can’t refund my copy, so I keep periodically coming back to it and feel disappointed. Haven’t even fired it up to play as 2B yet, so.