Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Hi! Happy posting. I think I’d like Arma3 but I never got around to playing it. I loved Operation Flashpoint

2 Likes

I tried out the My Time at Portia demo. I think it’s trying to be a kids game but for that it doesn’t hand-hold enough. I got kinda stuck for a while. It’s okay but I won’t play it more I think. It’s got a bit of early access jank still. Seems unfinished.

My girlfriend got a PS3 for free! It’s the old one from her brother. We bought The Lego Movie and tried it out yesterday. It’s super fun and such an improvement over the Wii era of Lego games. We played almost all of the ones available on the Wii.

I went on the Playstation store and looked for After Burner Climax and it’s gone. Been gone for years it turns out. Does anyone want to sell it to me on blu-ray? I can’t find it on Amazon or ebay. Maybe I’ll mod the PS3 and put the version I downloaded on my PC for emulation purposes on there? I don’t know but that situation sucks.

I’m really looking forward to finally playing Lego The Force Awakens! Someday soon…

Two player game recommendations appreciated!

I think it was download only.

1 Like

it was yeah, a shame

2 Likes

Tales From Space: About A Blob is my fav 2p PS3 game!

1 Like

I never even heard of that! Nice, thanks

Yeah both it and outrun and scott pilgrim are gone.

Supposedly hacking one is pretty easy now.

Two player recs: That top down tom braider
Stuntman:Ignition (pass the controller)
Dog Days
Godhand (honk)

I would have to turn on my ps3 to check actually yeesh.

I always see these on youtube runs. Where can I actually get one?

Don’t choke on the dust when you blow it off! I know I’m super late to the party but this ps triple is pretty nice. Not the most elegant of systems but yeah.

Top down Tomb Raider is certainly a good suggestion. Been meaning to play that for a while. I tried out the first one on PC years ago and thought it looked cool. I’m a Stuntman fan but my girlfriend would probably think I’m mad for making her play it. It’s pretty frustrating! Don’t know what she would think about Dog Days. She likes the shooting levels in Lego games so maybe she’d like shooting up Hong Kong??

Is there a reason to emulate Outrun Online Arcade instead of playing the PC port of 2006?

This document has 3 trackers at the bottom for the Super Metroid + LttP combo. I’d been using this one for my runs in LttP which also supports the combo, but it looks like there’s a web-based one too if you don’t want to download anything.

Most of them aren’t documented very well, but basically you click items when you get them, and the map will automatically update to show you the newly-available locations. You click locations as you visit them and they’ll gray out so you can track what you’ve checked.

They all seem to have a color scheme in common: green = accessible location w/ your current items, red = inaccessable with your current items, yellow = accessible with minor glitches (so accessible, but the game logic will never make you do them), and orange = partially accessible (you can get some items in the location but not all). The one I use also has blue = visible but not yet accessible (so you can check visually check what the item is but not collect it yet).

2 Likes

Dagwood Sandwich SOMA, Subnautica, Resident Evil remake, and Forbidden Siren. You will have my totem game sustenance.

2 Likes

Can substitute the biohazard for Silent Hill 1-3 slices

1 Like

This Super Metroid randomizer hack is kicking my ass.

I’m loving it though.

Instead of the morph ball, the first item it gave me was the Screw Attack. Almost every other item I’ve picked up has been weapon ammo, so I’ve been tooling all across the map with no ball, no bombs, no beam upgrades, no energy tanks. It’s friggin’ harrowing, but also exhilarating.

At one point I had to just bite the bullet and run Gauntlet, only to find it had the Power Bombs at the end, which I couldn’t use because I didn’t have the ball, and I died trying to get back out. Then later I finally got enough missiles together to fight Spore Spawn. The item it was guarding (normally super missiles) was… the Morph Ball. And I didn’t have bombs.

You need bombs to leave that room. I was soft-locked.

After trying everything I could think of, I ended up dying, locked in as I was, and lost that progress. And I was completely stumped until I remembered that if I got the Power Bombs at the end of Gauntlet, I’d be able to get out of the room that now had the Morph Ball. Running Gauntlet with no suits, no energy tanks, and no weapon upgrades is ridiculously tense, and getting back out was just as tough, but it worked. And while I was doing it I realized this was literally the only way forward, as every other route was locked out to me. This insane plan really was the randomizer’s “intended” route.

I love it.

8 Likes

everyone here probably hates myst but my 25th anniversary book came in the mail today and it fucking ownz

9 Likes

::hears thunderous footsteps approaching::

“Cuba cometh”

4 Likes

I haven’t tried the SM randomizer yet myself, but I understand there can also be intended routes requiring speedrun tricks to progress. It could be there was another route easier in terms of health but requiring some special knowledge and tactical execution to do. Super Metroid is sequence breakable straight to hell and the randomizer kind of blurs the line of what is a sequence break or not (as the original game did to some degree, especially with walljumps)

Wait who here could possibly hate myst?

6 Likes

What’s cool about the particular randomizer I used is that you actually tell it what speedrunning tricks you’re capable of/comfortable with performing, as well as how you feel about “hell runs” (sprinting through hot Norfair areas with no Varia suit), and a bunch of other options, in startlingly granular detail, as well as just overall how difficult you want the route to be, based on your abilities.

4 Likes