Games You Played Today Classic Mini

To be fair, I eventually just ignored the writing in Braid.

no one told me about the weird native american song and depiction in tetris effect

it just kind of drops in out of the blue all like ā€œhereā€™s native americans I guessā€

3 Likes

Hey @isfet playing that The Messenger! It has some real good action. The fourth wallness is real eyerolly, but then again the stories are excellent (suck it Lost Odyssey!) Then it becomes a metrovania and yeah everyone is right, this is real boring and aimless and drains me of my will to continue. Every review mentioned the last parts are real great, which heck I want to see those last parts.

The music is trying to be Silver Surfer Stage 1 at all times, and none of it is sticking.

1 Like

yeah, after GDQ i attempted to pick it up again to finally finish it and within 15 minutes had had enough. knowing that thereā€™s a category of speedrun that focuses only on the first half of the game, though, makes me tempted to play it that way.

re: the music, i think the very first level/area probably has the best music, but even then, itā€™s like, 1/3 of the song is the best music. all the tracks are kind of like that; some part of the song is really, really catchy, and the rest is kind of whatever.

1 Like

I am an hour into FF15 and I love my beautiful garbage sons. Just fixed the car and did a few hunts. Havenā€™t really seen any story yet.

8 Likes

itā€™s even uniquely Blowesque because the diegetic worldbuilding is generally very strong on its own, itā€™s just that prose itself thatā€™s awful

played through The Red Strings Club with @haley. we cried. i made dark and stormies. it was profoundly goodā€”itā€™s thoughtful, charming, very structurally clever, respectful of intelligence, doesnā€™t overstay its welcome. itā€™s also super gay. iā€™m honestly really really impressed. maybe the best time iā€™ve had playing a narrative/VN type game with another person. the cocktails were also ok

i know thereā€™s been some controversy about a certain plot point and as a Gay Trans On The Internet iā€™m supposed to have some kind of discoursey opinion about it but I reallyā€¦ donā€™t, other than to say that the way said controversy has dominated coverage of this game is a fucking tragedy. maybe iā€™ll have something more substantial to say later.

if you are reading this you should absolutely stay up late and play this game with someone smart

anyway iā€™ve decided in 2019 i am going to be a magic bartender

7 Likes

Thi4f was on sale for $5 and I hate myself so I did a crime and after playing through the first few missions stopped when I got to a point where I couldnā€™t do a thing in a level because I hadnā€™t purchased the right Garrett Upgrade in the openish world city.

Then I bothered to look and there were the first 3 on sale for less than $1 per so now I have replayed the first level in Thief Th1ef for the first time in ages! Itā€™s very good! Who knew?

Apparently not the people who made T4i44.

11 Likes

blood potion

1 Like

Thief 2 is one of my favourite games ever.

Iā€™m glad they turned out pretty good; their first game (Gods Will be Watching) looked excellent but was so poorly structured and written I was real skeptical.

Doom 3 gets old fast.

3 Likes

Then this is the chance for me to go a lot of the levels in DooM 2 just feel like fan-levels and are largely devoid of mood or setting.

Doom is still like excellent and have been enjoying various wads that are better than DooM 2 proper.

I also watched the GDQ doing one of the plutonium levels and those seem like torture unless you enjoy very hard DooM.

3 Likes

I could never get into Final Doom at all. I like Doom 2 a lot though, it has some of my favourite FPS levels of all time. There are indeed a few meh ones, especially by McGee who Iā€™m not a big fan of, but none I would call bad.

John Romeroā€™s levels have always been my favourites, so Iā€™m looking forward to his new episode.

The lighting in Doom 3 is nonsensical and distracting.

1 Like

i do have to give McGee credit for one of my favorite DOOM levels (Dead Simple)

1 Like

He co-designed that one with Sandy, I can only assume it sucked before he got help

4 Likes

I finally finished Persona 5 after almost 2 years. It was ok, I guess! Iā€™ll make a longer post in the ā€œAll We Can Do Is Waitā€ thread if someone else makes a post there (I posted three in a row and it wonā€™t let me post another).

1 Like

lol thatā€™s kinda shitty that you can lock yourself out of a thread like that when youā€™re the only one contributing

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had that problem and Iā€™m the only one who posts in the Lego thread

Actually Iā€™m convinced that level was 100% Sandy and McGee only helped by picking out textures that didnā€™t look awful together (Sandy never cared about how his levels looked)

2 Likes