Games You Played Today Classic Mini

3’s the only one I played, and only a little bit. I remember liking it while also feeling like it was a bit sluggish to play, as so many cRPGs of the time were.

I would let you be viktor even though I am obviously swarthier and more rugged

occasionally I will make playful reference to your possessing what I call derisively the “true chunder” rune

Felix I don’t think it’s healthy for the forum for you to ship us like this

hey Viktor you put the ass rune in your head slot

1 Like

I beat timespinner on normal today. It was shorter than I thought but still pretty good. The writing wasn’t great to be honest but it sure tried. Also everybody important is non het which is cool and also where the writing kinda bombs the worst. It’s not offensive just really bland. At least the best character is a trans woman

Today I finished the story mode for Mortal Kombat X, which was pretty satisfying. NetherRealm really knows how to do a story mode for a fighting game.

1 Like

Have you played Injustice 2’s story? They keep getting better with their story modes with each game, and I’ve got kinda high hopes after I2.

I can’t get past level 13 of polybius but oh my god polybius rips, it’s the most Spectrum thing Minter has done in 20 years

2 Likes

how does it compare to tempest 4000?

the redrawn ports of Apollo Justice for iOS/Android/3ds look good and way better than the original trilogy revises, didn’t realize there was a difference

2 Likes

it’s more overwhelming in a good way; tempest 4000 and space giraffe always felt like pretty simple games with go-nuts screen space visualizations running on top of them, more or less like tetris effect. this is just as silly and enthusiastic and BLORP!!! but it’s also like… going for it. and it’s also a lot less complicated to play.

1 Like

Yeah, I love Polybius. Once you understand the levels, it feels pretty chill to replay them! It does get brutally hard towards the end, though; I still haven’t beaten it. The game is all about visually parsing what’s in front of you and focusing on the most important thing in that moment, and I still have a hard time parsing a specific mechanic later in the game.

I’m usually a game or two behind. I probably won’t get to Injustice 2 for another couple years.

i almost got this on steam before i looked at my bank account. i haven’t touched MK since 4, I assume this is much better than 4? i remember the computer in 2 and 3 always being very inconsistent in difficulty, that always pissed me off.

It’s worlds better than 4. AI is much more balanced.

Infernium is good

I wasn’t feeling it at first but it manages to be extremely tense all the time which is appreciable. @BustedAstromech would probably appreciate it, based on our convos about Prey.

Its an elegant design, just pretend you can’t read any text and you don’t have to suffer through a Jonathan Blow level story.

It has good dungeon design and the looming specter of Permadeath and persistent helplessness makes the game very rewarding to play

3 Likes

I’ve been getting more intrigued by Infernium based on how folks here talk about it, but this:

… this gives me pause.

It is strictly relegated to writings on the walls which you may freely ignore. They don’t interrupt the flow of play and most of it is totally irrelevant to the game’s setting.

yeah what Alterity said, its not really a part of the game in any way and is easily ignored