Games You Played Today Classic Mini

I wanna be a cool kid 2, i beat the thing!

1 Like

I am the coolest cool kid because I played it and didnā€™t really like it and recorded a podcast about not liking it :sunglasses explosion airhorn airhorn airhorn

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been meaning to finish my trudging of the first one. I dunno the design speak to describe it but it feels like a game that doesnā€™t want you to die to keep the narrative ā€œsmoothā€ but wants you to be scared of dying. Getting stuck at a place and just credit feeding just feels like it cheapens the experience. I think I was half or 3/4s of the way through.

Iā€™ve heard/seen good things about the second one and I got it on sale a while back and want to get into it when I feel like playing video games again

i played the free HITMAN 2 prologue which i think is just two or three short training missions, but in the middle of the second level i walked up to a bar and hit the button to ā€œblend inā€ at which point the announcer said something like ā€œwell done 47ā€ and my pc hard-locked. good game if you want your self-esteem boosted

5 Likes

Played a tiny bit of gravity Rush 2 while struggling to find a game to play. Got frustrated almost instantly. Should I even bother playing anything new anymore

2 Likes

Paladins, the not-Overwatch hero shooter, finally updated to have gyro aiming on the Switch and is therefore now Good

(intriguingly, it also added gyro aim to the PS4 version, making it the only shooter on the platform to do so)

also Sunset Overdrive came out on PC and I already saw a framerate unlock toggle, so I can say itā€™s GOTY even while I wait for it to finish downloading

1 Like

Does Paladins run at 60fps? Fortnite has gyro aiming but still sucks because gyro aiming feels terrible at 30fps (and a non-stable 30fps at that).

DARKMANGS

fuk

11 Likes

it runs at 60 fps (even in portable mode) and if things gets too busy, itā€™ll drop res first

also fuck me, I forgot how much fun Sunset Overdrive was

haggle

thank god he doesnā€™t have to rep for himself

Iā€™m getting no feedback from the save keyboard shortcut and am afraid to quit

4 Likes

I take back everything I said about this game. Itā€™s just the new case, the headliner, written & designed by a new team, that sucks. The other casesā€”ports of mobile games made by the old guysā€”are totally up to par. The art direction and character designs are better, Jake has a flip phone again, I think I noticed some gritty photographed backgrounds in a cutscene, and even the localization seems a little better, which doesnā€™t really make sense

BJ hasā€¦ Noxious Aroma

I think itā€™s throwable.

He probably pissed in a jar.

Ninja Dust

brb gonna convert all dnd game denominations to florins, gr? (I donā€™t remember what these were) and pfenniges.

2 Likes

i wish there was a ā€œhorde modeā€ in resident evil 4. the action is so slick, having you weight in speed, reflexes and spatial awareness in small chunks (time stops while you change equipment / use items). i could just do the combat for hours.

the mercenaries mode is nice because it focus on efficiency and routing and crowd control, the downside being that eventually the timer runs out

3 Likes

my thoughts on observer has changed a little

i still have huge problems with the game. itā€™s not very good at giving the player clear directions, some of the visual effects give me a headache (the filters when scanning the environments primarily) which are even worse when im trying to figure out what to do/where to go, the actual horror parts are really cliche (especially the sound design) buuuutttt

i love everything else about this game?? it feels like a 90s multimedia game but realtime! which is totally my jam. iā€™m powering through it despite the problems and Iā€™m enjoying it more than Iā€™m not

I really hate those visual effects though, my poor eyes

5 Likes

Been playing Spitkiss

Hi @Ymer

10 Likes

Never could resist a good Tintin-quiff.

Guess I have no choice now but to play this!

As a kid, the single most enviable thing in the world to me as a Genesis kid was the Super Game Boy. Being able to play Linkā€™s Awakening (the only Zelda I knew), on a TV? Golly!

Anyway, some 24 years later Iā€™ve picked up a Super Game Boy 2 and a flash cart to use on my Super Nt and as it turns out - yeah itā€™s pretty neat.

2 Likes