Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Don’t worry, no one does.

1 Like

Oh crap, I just remembered the heartbeat mechanic in that game showing up for all of one scene and then farting off forever, never to be used again to find items of interest. It could have helped to find the unmarked doors you need to rub yourself against for forward progress!

finally redeemed my bloodstained circle of the moon code and yeah, capcom castlevania is really good. it also pleasantly reminds me of the gamecenter cx ds games, but fully fleshed out. would be fine if the new igavania was actually just three of these.

3 Likes

I really like the Quiet Man as a real life dude. I think he looks cool. Then some days ago in a McDonald’s I realized why. I’m wearing a black leather jacket similar to his and I’ve got similar hair now. So basically I’m like a less attractive, older and bearded version of The Quiet Man, but just as cheesy

Would have loved to mime him at the sb meetup lol

1 Like

I finished Iconoclasts and really enjoyed it. Best game I have played in a long time.

I started playing SC6 and I think it’s really good. This game feels like SoulCalibur again. Hoping it doesn’t break too much as people play it.

I have mostly been playing digital board games more than anything. I like the Terra Mystica port and the new Terraforming Mars port a lot.

playing resident evil revelations 2 for some reason. did anyone else sleep on this? I kind of love how it just shamelessly rips off the last of us, but in the most stupidly campy resident evil way possible.

it’s also very tight on hard difficulty.

3 Likes

I learned 0ranger is not on iOS and am feeling blue of ball

4 Likes

i played it when it came out. it’s good and a lot better than the first one.

better than last of us, in fact.

This is interesting; Evil Within, also, is so directly following on from Last of Us. How would you compare the two?

I always get the Revelation games confused, but if you’re talking about the one with Barry and Moira, then yeah, that one is pretty good. It’s probably my favorite post-“classic” RE game. I also love that Barry’s daughter is a foul-mouthed, anti-gun misfit. I guess it’s just nice to see RE characters that don’t feel like they were based on G.I. Joe action figures or something.

1 Like

It’s definitely my favorite post-“classic” RE game by a long shot. I might even like it better than RE4. It plays in sweet 60 fps and feels like John Carpenter directing his own budget RE film.

1 Like

Observer is a game that I wish was better than it really is, and that I liked more than I do

1 Like

I haven’t played evil within but I’m about to so we’ll see.

The further I get into Revelations 2 the more I like it. I’m at the boss fight in the second episode. It’s clearly inspired by the gymnasium fight from TLOU. I might actually have to start this sequence over because I don’t think I conserved enough resources, which is honestly kind of a great feeling. The set pieces are well designed and just open ended enough to where playing through again trying for a tighter performance feels appealing and not tedious.

Wait until you get to The Evil Within 2, Toups! Then you can join the exclusive cool kids club with Adi and I

1 Like

I’ve heard it’s extremely good!

:frowning: how do i join the club

The Evil Within 2 is one of the best sequels to a game I’ve ever played.

3 Likes

Tack me on that, improves upon everything from the first game and then some, then even more. Art team goes wild especially in the first half. It’s been about a year and I could easily push everything aside for a replay.

2 kinda shut door on the story but left an open window, I think they could do a deserving 3rd given the chance.

The save room was better in the first imo

The grainy dim of that area is great since it and other things from 1 blur into parts of 2, I have a hard time distinguishing some bits.

Jake hunter memories of the past (2007) has some of the most effortless English prose I’ve seen in a vidcon. Now in ghost of the dusk (pictured) we are back to the expected level of shitty writing. Oh well. (Not pictured—moments before—“begging the question”) Also I miss the low res digital camera backgrounds.

Edit

What? What.

5 Likes