Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Use pipes like the famous plumber mario

1 Like

Phil Lamarr is Marvin??

Yup

The Missing is fucking me up in a really good way.

2 Likes

had to pull over in some virginia mining town on the way back from bumpass just to get off my chest what an unbelievable piece of shit a quiet man is

21 Likes

yeah, it’s so great

5 Likes

you’re making me want to play this, i was already tickled by the trailers

Why several of us didn’t sleep last night. About four hours long, relatively cheap.

Picture a David Cage game on a scale where David Cage games are good. And this is bad.

I can confidently predict it will be many decades before someone makes a more oedipal game. The gauntlet has been thrown.

(please do not attempt to pick up the gauntlet)

11 Likes

I try not to exaggerate much any more than I can help it, but I’m thinking very hard and I am pretty sure it is the worst game I have ever played.

8 Likes

There are three levels of graphical fidelity in A Quiet Man: Ingame, cgi and movie. It will abruptly move in and out of these levels and the oedipal object looks different in each. You also have no context for why you’re beating up minorities or why there are all of two guns in the middle of New York.

7 Likes

After Giant Bomb finished playing the game the moment it came out during their Extra Life stream last week and futilely searched through its file structure for audio and video files that could provide some answers, they found what looked like a ~secret~ ending for the voiced version of the game. That video, coupled with the trailer for The Quiet Man -Answered-, makes me think the actual story’s oedipal themes get even more bonkers than expected.

2 Likes

dreamcast emulation party:
maken x is amazing
the creator of illbleed and blue stinger died too young

3 Likes

I need to finish playing blue stinger honestly

Thank you Busted for opening the path of The Quiet Man, and Cuba for walking it.

Round 2 - Answers? Truth? No handling them.

I never played The Bouncer but it has to be better than this.

2 Likes

The best goddamn part of the Quiet Man is how often I couldn’t tell whether the main character was CGI or not. This isn’t meant as a comment on graphical prowess as much as to note that they cast a dude who looks like he is already just the generic CGI for a human.

4 Likes

I really only want to play the version with voices to see if everyone just makes dude come to terms with how much he wants to get down with his mom.

“Hey yo, so like, look Dane, we get it. Yer ma? She was kinda hot back in the day, sure. All the kids on the block knew it. But…bro. I mean… c’mon here. Yer Oedipussin’ a bit too much here, my man. A bit too much.”

5 Likes

I fell asleep a couple times while he was playing and I don’t think I missed anything at all

2 Likes

Maken X/Shao is the game I’d like to see Atlus revisit the most because it plays like the most god-awful, piece of shit Simple 2000 budget game, but it’s got that rad aesthetic and goofy story. It’s like a bunch of people at Atlus saw the Matrix and were inspired to make a game (hence the title and the lady that looks exactly like Carrie-Anne Moss in the Matrix), but had no clue how to make an action game. Maken Shao is a little bit better than X because it’s not in first-person, but I still find it absolutely fucking frustratingly awful. Would love to see a remake that takes the shell and wraps it around something that feels better to play, because I want action Megami Tensei games (especially Devil Summoner, I think they should make a few more Devil Summoner games, but ditch the battle field transitions and just make it straight action).

1 Like

I was really surprised when I played Maken X recently, knowing nothing about it – I found it very playable and with shockingly high production values. Felt like a perfect game pressing of a new DVD release of an early 90s VHS OVA promising gore and genetic mutations.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this happened to me, too. I dunno how The Silent Lad wound up in a dressing room, but I think I passed out at the part where he was…god who even knows. I think he had a portfolio full of drugs.

I dunno how anyone is supposed to stay awake when everyone in the world talks like the adults in Peanuts, if they communicated by rubbing the rims of wine glasses.

To the game’s credit, though! I laughed super goddamn hard at the scene where the guy with the crow mask first walks into the club.

Some game writers spend hours and multiple script revisions trying to make the player laugh, and The Quiet Man pulls it off with absolutely zero intent. Amazing.

2 Likes