Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Success! The last RONIN run that can beat a 3 year old record. https://youtu.be/p5-IvpycAZw?t=993 is where I do that room I described earlier in this thread, for those interested to see how it fails then succeeds.

2 Likes

played a bunch of mame roms on stream last night, and spent way too much time playing wrestlemania the arcade game, but couldn’t beat it. so i did tonight, and these endings are something.

11 Likes

these were all personally dictated by the wrestlers themselves

5 Likes

Nah, if that were true, Bret would end up as PM of Canada.

2 Likes

I beat King Colossus! I wrote a tweet about it here: https://twitter.com/CloneLightning/status/1127594370373435392?s=19

But to expand on the difficulty bit, the beginning was actually challenging but it has the over leveling problem and its real easy to overlevel, especially if you’re like me and get lost and kill everything in your way.

I was playing Super Lucky’s Tale just now and it’s real cute. I like the character designs and backgrounds a lot (the level design is very simplistic). It’s like Mario 64 but a lot more linear, and with more of a Rare-ish maximalism in terms of the number of doodads to collect. The music is also a real treat in many areas.

It’s hardly challenging at all so it’s clear this one is really aimed straight at kids, and for kids I’d definitely recommend it. It’s easy, but requires a certain level of alertness if not necessarily great feats of dexterity. It rewards observation and pattern recognition somewhat as well too. You could do a lot worse for a gentle intro to 3-D Mascot Platformers.

I probably won’t play more than I have, I think it’s eventually going to devolve into a lot of backtracking to pick up doodads I missed, and I ain’t got time for that. I’ve only got two months until my cheapo Xbox Game Pass subscription returns to the regular non-promotional price so I need to knock out We Happy Few and Ruiner before long.

1 Like

holy shit i forgot about valentinas titty jiggle in mario rpg!
rule 34 didnt tho

3 Likes

This was a character in Super Mario RPG?? I could fit everything I remember about that game on a 3x5 index card and have space for doodles.

3 Likes

yeah valentina is an evil tity who marries a giant crow who she calls prince mallow even though the real prince mallow (who used to think he was a tadpole) is in your party

6 Likes

When i was little my dad worked at a restaurant that was also a ski lodge, so they had rooms for people to stay in. They would hire migrant workers and pay them under the table to cook and wash dishes, and those folks would stay in the spare room. For awhile, a guy from Jamaica named Damien worked there, and on nights when my dad had custody of me and my brother but had to work, Damien would graciously let us chill in his room and play his SNES

He had a copy of Super Mario Role Playing Game: Legend of the Seven Stars and i vividly remember the night when my brother and i played through almost the entire game by running through most of the battles. I will always remember Valentina and everything that happens in Nimbus Land, because that was the the point where our flagrant running away caught up to us. I simply could not beat Valentina no matter how hard i tried, Mario just wasn’t strong enough…

No fucking clue how i made it past Johnny Jones or Yaridovich, because there’s no way i knew the trick to either of those fights. looking back on how i played video games as a kid is weird, i had infinite patience for the things and could just brute force my way through most of them.

11 Likes

I keep dying real easy in Mafia III and I don’t think I’m enjoying myself.

Once you’re through the led-by-the-nose early section it dumps you into a systemic content wasteland and it’s best to duck out, remember the ~2 hours of verve they had the budget for and skip to nu-Wolf II for more of the mood

1 Like

Fair enough. Wish I had grabbed New Colossus back when it was on sale.

So I tried this today as I finished the first disc and it does not work in FF8, what a shame

The Brothers GF is the most hilarious summon I’ve ever seen in an RPG

4 Likes

my third eye opened today

1 Like

AUTOMOBILELEKTRODEFEKT
(increpare is very smart)

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’m world champion in that game

3 Likes

my best lap time is like double that so afaik you’re #1

ahhaa i was coming here to talk about how proud i was of my 50.WHOTHEFUCKCARESNOWTHANKSALOTSYKELSCORE but here you are, showing off already

1 Like

:shuffle:

2 Likes