Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Of course

1 Like

Then you are fine. That is my rule for them. If they are still in the box, you are a monster. Otherwise, you just have some silly cheap toys, and that is fine.

3 Likes

What Hache isnā€™t telling you is that he took them out of the box to put them in POP Protectors to protect his collectibles and investment.

1 Like

I have one Pop (a TMNT Raphael) still in the box. Iā€™m okay with it.

How dare you

can i sell these as poptart protectors

2 Likes

after buying a ps4 with bloodborne in 2015 and quickly realising i was all soulsed out i am finally playing bloodborne

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a good experience with Retroarch. I have always found independent emulators to perform better and with better compatibility.

Just recently, Crusader of Centy. The sound is a bunch of static and weird drone tone, in all of the Retroarch cores.

1 Like

retroarch is very good on non-desktop platforms for the ways it standardizes filesystems, display output, UI, input handling, etc. across emulators. itā€™s a great project, it supports a lot of modern APIs and shader masks and is very smart from a cross-platform perspective, but it can be pretty fiddly configuring it on PC if youā€™re used to standalone emulators and the already-fiddly parts change from release to release.

so itā€™s kind of opposite to some peopleā€™s expectations, Iā€™m sure the sound issues youā€™re encountering are fixable but if itā€™s less trouble for you to use kega fusion or whatever then go for it

2 Likes

I think you could make a case that retroarch performs objectively better than any standalone emulator, other than mame, that currently has a mature libretro core

pls explain

I dunno. I tried emulating Oracle of Ages like a year ago, and couldnā€™t get it to run smooth in Retroarch. A standalone emulator worked fine. Chrono Cross and Alundra, either.

I keep hearing stuff about how Retroarch is so good. But I havenā€™t seen it, in three very different use cases (games from 3 different consoles).

About the only positive I come away with from Retroarch, is that it simplifies finding an emulator.

chemists get !mix, that lets them combine two items

thereā€™s some basic stuff like high potion + phoenix down = revive with full hp/mp and then more esoteric stuff like dragon fang + potion = level up by 20 for the duration of the battle (repeatable to a cap of 255) and when you get mime later on you can also mime these I believe without expending the ingredients

one funny trick involves using holy water + turtle shell (i think!) which puts berserk status on the enemy without actually checking if theyā€™re vulnerable to it or not on the final boss, who transitions to a second form using a spell in the ai script

so the game immediately goes to the ending instead

4 Likes

i just wanna sit down and play more.friends of ringo ishikawa the dialogue and characterization is very good

hard to say what your exact issues are, and hey computers can be odd sometimes, but correctly emulating a standard gameboy/megadrive game is certainly something a number of retroarch cores can achieve; it might be worth diving deep and trying to figure out for the other benefits retroarch offers. not sure how much config stuff you fooled around with, but could be as simple as increasing/decreasing your audio latency buffer, or swapping the Audio Driver. Also, I prefer using the RGUI menu_driver over the XMB style, and enabling UI ā†’ Show Advanced Settings.

Give this a glance:

this might be the pitch to the layman, but the real benefit retroarch offers is a standardized input/output pipeline that can and does get a large amount of focused development. retroarch is the most popular piece of emulation software and has been for years and has attracted lots of smarties; just recent stuff like run-ahead and the strides toward proper crt output implementation is enough to justify the entire project, but across the board input/output latency, video/audio sync, is usually better for libretro cores running in retroarch than their standalone equivalents.

6 Likes

Iā€™m simply talking about general speed. None of the games I have tried, have run at full speed (Alundra, Crusader of Centy, Chrono Cross, Zeldo Oracle of Ages). In addition to other issues, like totally busted sound (Centy) or slow sound (Zelda Oracle)(but that was probably tied to the fact the game as a whole, was running slow). I think Alundraā€™s sound was slow and pitch shifted, too. But again, game wasnā€™t full speed, in general.

All of these games plopped right into standalone emulators and played at full speed.

*Keep in mind this is a dual core i5 laptop, where the CPU speed of 3.2ghz, is probably close to the minimum acceptable for most emulators.

Although I dunno, because people run PSone games on Vitas soā€¦

It could be as simple as a conflict between audio sync and vsync

If it cant find your saves, make sure the directory its looking for saves in hasnā€™t been reset in some way.

Personally, I avoid using the playlist feature if something doesnā€™t natively scan because it seems to break more often than not.

If you are on a nightly build of retroarch, itā€™s definitely worth switching back to stable.

retroach isnā€™t an emulator, itā€™s an intricate puzzle box that you solve and instead of flaying off all of your skin and subjecting you to eternal damnation, it plays games

though honestly setting everything up is much like having oneā€™s skin flayed off

12 Likes

my experience with retroarch has been similarly frustrating, though thankfully I havenā€™t encountered any performance issues yet

I really hate that it copies the xmb interface too