Games You Played Today Classic Mini

like three or four hours

8 if you’re me

Acceptable either way!

I hate to digress from the DR discourse but I am 3 years too late to say that Fallout 4 has terrible dialogue and voice acting in the two hours I have played so far.

yeah it’s dogshit
only good thing I can remember from fallout 4 is you can german suplex enemies

The Titanfall 2 campaign, regardless of how long it takes you, should be played in one sitting and experienced like the quality dumb blockbuster movie it is

6 Likes

I honestly think between Doom and TF2 that 2016 used up all the good set piece design for FPSes for the next few years

3 Likes

Noom doesn’t even have setpieces, really.

Systems baby systems!

Melee stealth is the only way to enjoy FO4. And not paying any attention to the story.

nuDoom has good killboxes

that’s as set piece as you’re gonna get for Doom and I doubt other games will measure up

And they’re all shaped like Möbius strips and you just run the circuit and you never ever stop. Boy I love it

4 Likes

In TF2, crank the difficulty. The movement mechanics are very abusable – you’re basically invulnerable as long as you keep your velocity above a certain level – so the harder difficulties aren’t punishing, rather, they feel like having a coach making you keep pace. And the combat is far more fun if you’re playing it TF2 style vs Call of Duty style.

2 Likes

My enjoyment of Fast RMX has often been held back by my concern over filling the completion rates for its various modes — the loose-ish handling and AI rubber-banding can be especially frustrating on the highest difficulty level. But recently, I’ve stopped caring and have been replaying 1–2 championships per session at the medium difficulty, and the game just feels like such a lovely arcade racer when played this way.

2 Likes

I’m close to finishing Might and Magic colon Clash of Heroes. The last chapter is really shoddy, it makes me think that they must have been
running out of time? I dunno, you don’t usually develop things linearly, but maybe.

For example:

Previous chapters had multiple bounties and optional fights that you could discover while exploring. The final chapter is literally a straight line up a spiraling tower that uses the same background three times, has no bounties, and maybe 2 optional fights?

One of the final bosses spawns already charged units before eventually going into regular play. But, you can fight him using units that will break a charged unit and put them back to normal without killing them. And it turns out your opponent will never go back to regular mode and just stand there getting pummeled if you leave one of their units alive but uncharged. Amazing.

There was a typo but I forgot where.

So yeah, endgame is a slog but I have enjoyed most of it. The final battle is infuriatingly difficult, and I know that getting some lucky formations will let me win but I don’t really want to keep restarting to see if I get lucky enough. The cracks in the system are starting to show.

I would love it if there was a mobile version of this game with some sort of multiplayer, but I also think that it’s too luck-based and not robust enough to actually support that.

Anyway, I should probably play Demon’s Crest instead but maybe I will go back to Fantasy Life??

2 Likes

Does anyone playing captain toad treasure tracker know where the pixel toad is on the train level in book 1?

the sprites in the game gear version of streets of rage ii are incredibly cute! so little and chunky and colourful <3

it’s also a lot harder than the mega drive version, thanks to certain regular enemies having absurd amounts of health.

2 Likes

Still can’t get past Bloodborne’s character creator.

good killboxes

No such thing, I’m afraid.

1 Like

I’m sorry your life is without joy

1 Like

I think I vaguely remember it being in the chimney

1 Like