Games You Played Today Classic Mini

i enjoyed playing through it with a friend for the most part because its a mindless loot shooter game, which i sometimes find enjoyable, then i got to the endgame and stopped because it didnt interest me anymore. but go off king!

2 Likes

No, pilots never die. All ships are insured, so if you can pay the replacement cost, you get that back too.

If you canā€™t afford it, you get the starting ship for free again as a pity handout.

You do lose any cargo & data you were carrying.

gonna stay on that ā€œletā€™s have more games that arenā€™t about massacring thousands of dudes with gunsā€ tip, i think games like that have infinitely more value for young boys (and in general) than Guy Whitey Shootgood X: The Gunnening

6 Likes

That insurance bit is pretty interesting.

7 posts were split to a new topic: the aping of patty hearst

Itā€™s basically a percentage value of your ship and its components, so the more you load up your ship, the pricier it is to insure.

Also itā€™s not like you pick a plan or can opt out of insurance. Itā€™s basically a gameplay mechanic to stop griefers from being able to completely ruin you.

1 Like

daphny and i are playing EDF iron rain which i guess is a more serious attempt to get westerners into the franchise but like the voice acting is still hilariously goofy and your squadmates are named shit like ā€œMikeā€ and ā€œBrendaā€ so all of it comes across entirely the wrong way. its all very mid 2010s game design with like three currencies for no reason and shit but i can make my EDF soldier look like doomguy so that rules

3 Likes

Videogames turn young men in to unfuckable nihilists, not soldiers

10 Likes

38 posts were split to a new topic: arguments about moderation are now Buy One, Get One Free!

:thinking:

3 Likes

i was enjoying it a lot in spite of basically everything about it aesthetically and thematically but the gear score shit in the endgame pissed me off after about an hour. you can get stuff thatā€™s dramatically worse than your current gear but has a higher score so itā€™s better and i was like oh yeah iā€™m not even gonna waste my time dude. fuck this

EDF with currencies seems weird.

1 Like

it really is. i def prefer mainline EDFā€™s approach but this game isnt as bad as insect armageddon by any means

1 Like

::Chokes on a Miller High Life::

14 Likes

Someone teach me how to play Panel de Pon. Itā€™s so hard. I am trying to learn but I canā€™t wrap my head around it.

I can scrape out a 5-chain at best, at beat me

1 Like

I could also never get good at this game and thought maybe the game just isnā€™t good but then everyone I know loves it so Iā€™m probably bad

Iā€™ll just play Tetris or Dr. Mario instead k thnx

1 Like

Itā€™s a combined matter of the game requiring a different physical skillset as well as a different way of thinking compared to Other Games That I Play

The only thing my brain is good at doing is playing Connect Four apparently

1 Like

A 5-chain is fine in Tetris Attack. Thatā€™s part of the bread and butter combo as the start, throwing in a 5+ line right afterward, and then sort of biding your time until they break their garbage stack. That second bit of the combo will create 3-5 cubes on top of the now smaller garbage block, insulating further garbage from being cleared. Then you throw on another 5/6-chain + 5-of-a-kind and repeat until they break from the pressure.

1 Like

Wing it and move blocks into position at the last minute. Thereā€™s always something