Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Look all I know is that there were two guns in front of me and I grabbed both and it was awesome.

2 Likes

no both players share leftgun

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad Ground Kontrolā€™s remodel went well, last time I was there they were still in the middle of it and it was pretty boring

the visit before that I got to play killer queen 5v5 though so they still have goodwill to burn

1 Like

Iā€™m finally enjoying wolfenstein: the new order

surprised at how much Iā€™m digging it though I remember hearing a few good things about it around here when it came out.

I finally played through the single player ā€œdlcā€, if you can call it that, of Star Wars Battlefront II. Itā€™s really short but I was hyped because it came out around The Last Jedi and I had hoped that some of its magic rubbed off on the game. There is nothing from the movie in the (single player) game. That sucks. I made it through the content but it wasnā€™t very fun. The levels just kinda sucked. There was barely any story, very basic and, again, short. Before I knew it it was over. A part of me hopes for more when episode 9 is out but they might as well not bother if theyā€™re putting this little effort in.

On the multiplayer side of things there is episode 8 content. Characters and places. I havenā€™t gotten any of those yet because you canā€™t pick the maps you want to play, just game modes. You know how modern multiplayer games are. So Iā€™m playing stupid ass Naboo again. Groan. I want to play that Ewok hunt mode because it sounds like good survival horror but I havenā€™t dared click on it yet.

1 Like

yeah EA is having a real lousy generation, no way around it

I even played the new fifa and ufc recently and theyā€™re nothing special compared to the late PS3 stuff

Who wants to work at the worst company in America after all. Iā€™m surprised theyā€™re still staffed at all. People are weird and capitalism is bad, etc.

I want to play a FIFA with story mode, just to see what they did with it but expectations are so low that I really canā€™t be bothered to even pirate

I havenā€™t played a FIFA in nearly 20 years

Ewok mode was cool. I played on ps4 back when it first came out.

I eventually deleted the game because I just got sad at being useless and ineffectuve in the multi.

I also never feel like Iā€™m contributing anything. Iā€™m bottom tier at multiplayer anyway and the game doesnā€™t do anything to make my experience better.

I do best at the spaceship mode and thatā€™s what I spent most time with when the game came out. I hear they even improved that so Iā€™m saving it for last

Mostly Iā€™m just playing BFII because Iā€™ve had it on my disk this whole time for the single player and Iā€™m looking forward to freeing up the space once Iā€™ve seen everything they added

1 Like

theres 2 guns in this car. figure out how you wanna figure it out

2 Likes

Did a foolish thing while high and picked up the Borderlands Handsome Collection on PS4.

It was on sale and I wanted a shooter.

I have regrets.

7 Likes

Oh god, you could have picked just about anything else

1 Like

Already hit two bugged quests in The Pre-Sequel, one where an item I had just given a character flew out of their hands and into an insta-death pit, another where a character says they gave me an item to prod peaceful monsters but I have no new items or interaction options.

The first time fast travel opened up it let me go to a location I had been before, only it was clearly some post-game content with high-level baddies and story that didnā€™t make sense for where I was.

1 Like

been playing Division 2 on PS4. itā€™s got the same problems i had with the shooting and boring ass loot in the first game but im having fun whenever i can find somebody to play with. anybody else playing it who wants to group up?

i hear the americana-sploitation in that one is pretty fantastic

Ubisoft really wants you to understand that the game is apolitical though,

8 Likes

holy shit shadow hearts ii is such a interesting thing. its weird to finally sit down and play through this weird era of ps2 jrpgs, where we actually have star wars but as a 70ā€™s sci fi anime (not ffxii) and the hilariously bleak ending of radiata stories

this game definitely came out when jrpā€™gs were reaching for weird stuff and definitely just before moe got involved

6 Likes

yeah! Thatā€™s a great way to frame it too

like it exists in this very brief window where ā€œwhat if jRPGs were broader thematicallyā€ was a question that made perfect sense to ask

my memory is of the battle system being a little bit of a chore past a point because the complexity is kind of arbitrary and the dungeon design being too much partway through but itā€™s immensely likable

1 Like

Nocturne correctly gets credit for being the best representative of that era but Covenant is on a short list of jRPGs that are big and unique and compelling enough to be ā€œworth playingā€ even in a genre where that recommendation almost automatically implies that you must have as much free time as an eighth grader and do not demand a huge amount of breadth out of a very long and repetitive experience for it to justify itself.

Suikoden 1 and Saga Frontier are definitely on there too, just standout examples of experimenting with a very rigid form that was temporarily extremely popular

2 Likes

Finally after a couple decades of thinking I had seen everything in Soleil, I found the super secret three hidden money bags past a fence post that you have to jump on 31 times

4 Likes