Games You Played Today Classic Mini

finally playing Republique

1 Like

when I was a kid there used to be this arcade called broadway or something, I donā€™t remember exactly. it was one of those places where youā€™d pay X amount of money for X amount of time, rather than per play on a game. every time I went I would spend about 70% of my time on lucky and wild, because fuck games that arenā€™t lucky and wild, that shit is fire.

the two genders

I know booji and I hit this point everytime but how did they cover the point where Haruka sells herself into sex slavery?

14 Likes

Dragon Quest II is perfect on mobile, on the bus, at work

7 Likes

The simpler translation has a narrator during gameplay parts who sometimes talks about historical stuff, he brought up how all the kids arenā€™t actually postitutes until theyā€™re older, just servants for now.

I like that the story isnā€™t a rehash of the yoshikawa muashi novel like every other musashi story Iā€™m aware of. I havenā€™t played any yakuza games yet so Iā€™m probably missing out on a lot. the narrator said to think of the game as almost like a play being put on by the yakuza characters

@boojiboy7 also I was meaning to ask the yakuza pros here, thereā€™s a licensed and classic music restoration patch for pc yakuza kiwami, would that be worth bothering with when I get around to that game

Not sure what exactly that is, but I would bet it is just adding in music back from the original Yakuza 1, which (assuming that is what it is) is likeā€¦OK? But the music was never really the strong suit of those games, so I wouldnā€™t worry too much about it unless you feel like it.

1 Like

As a translation aficionado, I would be very curious to hear how this particular divergence happened exactly. Has anybody who speaks Chinese written a blog post digging into that Borges quote?

EDIT: I couldnā€™t find that, but I did find this:

so one likely theory for this extreme divergence might be that Borges exaggerated his memory of the footnote for effect

3 Likes

You might as well for the record in kiwami and six they took out a bunch of licensed music for the western release. It is such a tragedy that you never noticed it until anyone tells you it happened.

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough. Didnā€™t really notice it in my time with the games but yeah, you might as well patch it in then.

more sega stuff

hopefully when m2 eventually ports revenge of shinobi, theyā€™ll find some way to fix the game so that you donā€™t lose all your lives in stage 2 because you canā€™t fucking see anything

Revenge%20of%20Shinobi%2C%20The%20(W)%20(REV00)%20%5B!%5D000

i did finish magical taruruuto-kun, a cute little platformer from game freak.

Magical%20Taruruuto-Kun%20(J)%20%5B!%5D003

14 Likes

GAme Freak!

I really like HarmoKnight, but only one level per session

drip feed

I bought 3 musou games for switch at once. Fate/Extella link is cool but i have no fucking idea whats going on

1 Like

Okay, you beat Taruruto-kun, but did you find and save all the friends

important and bloodpotion-baiting Tararuuto post:

this is 90% of why I have it ranked as the 7th best B-tier Genesis/MD platformer

11 Likes

iā€™m pretty jealous of you for having a list of b tier genesis platformers that goes at least 7 deep

also what is number 1

go back up a ways, I named at least 13 games in that post

also do not be fooled by Game Freakā€™s charming effort on the MD game, every other Taruruuto game is fucking dreadful

marvel land, huh. I just browsed through an lp and the last level is you escaping with a princess after you save her, that was some pretty cute shit. ACTION ICO or REVERSE NOT CREEPY BRAID

el viento is cool

1 Like