Games You Played Today Classic Mini

i’m housesitting, so i’m playing gain ground on this big ass tv.

the game is fine. i wish m2 ported over the much better genesis version, but at least here you can make the difficulty less “give us your quarters, bitch!” and make it something more playable.

update: holy shit there’s two cartons of chocolate milk in the fridge!

14 Likes

what if they’re looking forward to getting home just to break into those two cartons of chocolate milk? do you think they eat like, cocoa pebbles or cocoa puffs with chocolate milk? oh man, what about fruity pebbles with strawberry milk?!

they told me to help myself. and i am currently helping myself.

10 Likes

“aw shit i forgot to tell them about the chocolate milk i’m saving for my cocoa pebbles!”

4 Likes

oh shit red berry special k
in chocolate milk.

3 Likes

horrifying

Yeah, I was just about to come in here saying how this game does not mess around with the difficulty. I think for me part of it is because I am used to the lower res of the Mega Drive version so there is less need for pinpoint accuracy. I must have used at least $30 of pretend money on that damn last boss, sending wave after wave of soldiers at it until it finally died

The town I grew up in was in dairy country and had the processing plant, and sometimes they would fuck up the projections for flavoured products and end up with a surplus of chocolate milk so would just send it to town in place of regular milk for the same price

on topic I played WATCH_DOGS 2 and got nostalgic for SF intersections and extremely not-nostalgic for the creepy dream-logic geography

3 Likes

Played more PC Building Simulator. I’m almost into March now in-game.

I wish I could do this as my real job. Assembling computer hardware has always been one of my absolute favorite things to do in the world.

1 Like

next time I build a computer I’ll mail the parts to you, I hate that shit

Been playing Far Cry New Dawn and (no) surprise, I like it.

It’s dumb but Ubisoft games like this have wormed their way into my heart as some sorta comfort food game and I’m having an OK time of it.

I will say that as a direct contrast to the last game’s villains playing gospel music loudly from their pick up trucks, these new villains blasting Action Bronson and Die Antwoord from their ramshackle vehicles is pretty good.

I think this could almost be an easy list topic, as to what each of our comfort food games are. For me, it’s:

• Yakuza series
  • EDF series
  • Gran Turismo series
  • Some STGs but not all
3 Likes

oh yeah that’s a good idea. plus i can just take a screenshot of all my ‘favorites’ in Steam and be done

make the thread!
I just started up Hyrule Warriors again, but on switch this time

I’ve killed every stray dog I’ve come across in the The Division 2.

Don’t let The Division happen to your kids.

You monster. It’s the one game these days that actually doesn’t make you shoot dogs at all.

Hate Plus was really good even if I definitely can’t take the emotional weight of *Mute’s route.

2 Likes

I still need to play that, I really liked Analogue.

1 Like

I’ve been spoiled for games lately. Obviously I’m playing Sekiro (see thread), but I’m also close to finishing Dog Days, I’m up to Zone 4 on Necrodancer, and Baba is You has been filling the moments between all of those.

Hooray video games

6 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty good times all around.

I’m thinking of getting into Prince of Persia games again. They’re on GOG, which is great. Sands of Time is an old love of mine. So I’ll be revisiting that. Warrior Within I’ll skip but Two Thrones will get another shot. I sorta disliked it back in the day. Can’t remember why anymore. The artsy Prince of Persia: Flower Journey reboot always seemed interesting. And what I didn’t know is that there was a game released when the movie came out. It’s apparently not that good. So I’ve got a lot on my plate if I want to go through with this!

1 Like