Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Oh shit so it uses like OG XBOX sound track rules? I never knew this but now I will have to go back and mess around.

Is the PS1 version of Diablo any good? Because somehow I have it?

I donā€™t know anything about it, but it seems very unlikely to be good. They only made a serious effort to make Diablo work with controllers in Diablo 3, and that relied on twin thumbsticks

1 Like

Made a vampire girl in Skyrim VR and spent 3 hours wandering the map and admiring the environments. There is a lot of to-be-expected Bethesda uncanny valley shit going on in here, and camera movements feel more nauseating than any other PSVR game Iā€™ve played, but this has a lot of hangoutitude.

1 Like

skyrim vr is like exactly a fake mockup game from a mid 90s near-future kidz romp it is kind of sad all the people actually obsessed with the game seem to be only in it for the modz and not full poop-tube living in that grainy barfosphere

2 Likes

the PS1 port of Diablo is perfectly serviceable if you want to play on pad because itā€™s a fairly slow paced game to begin with (though the Rogue with Gauntlet styled controls has a leg up over the other two classes)

console Diablo 3 is also perfectly playable without ever touching the second analog stick, to the point where the Switch port has single joycon play (also if you need to roll out of something in the endgame, you probably already fucked up)

2 Likes

We can make a lava-ring steins;gate zone thread and you can spoiler complain all you want to me.

The gropping scene is solitary and yeah really bad and undefensable.

1 Like

When Iā€™m done Iā€™ll likely just put up one large spoilerā€™d rant just to get the bile out of my system, but Iā€™ll consider that as well.

Theā€¦ well not worst part of the groping scene (that would be the groping) is that while not the mostā€¦ ā€œprogressiveā€ game when it comes to trans-like feelings it certainly wasnā€™t the worst, and one could argue that the fact that all of said characterā€™s friends were eventually supportive and trying to help out puts it on the overall positive side of the ledger in that regard (although I might be overly generous here and likely not the right person to make that call TBH). To then follow it up with this is somehow worse than if the game was utterly creepy up until that point.

1 Like

coincidentally deceptacon was also my battle results music. more games need this feature

2 Likes

Decided I needed to free up 100 gigs or so of my HDD so Iā€™m gonna play the Far Cry 5 DLCs.

This Vietnam one, so far. Woof.

Edit: turns out it was only 50 gigs and it turns out I value my time better than to play some so-so DLCs!

1 Like

I started playing a Skyrim total conversion thatā€™s been released (on Steam) for free calledā€¦ Edel, something, some utterly forgettable fantasy name. Itā€™s better than regular Skyrim. (Low bar.) Somewhat more linear, actually, which I think does the game a lot of favors, and the skill system is more interesting. More of a grimdark atmosphere which isnā€™t my thing per se but itā€™s kind of novel to play a game that looks like Elder Scrolls but has more JRPG-style exposition up front.

2 Likes

Talking about total conversions reminds me that I want to give Mount and Blade Warband another shot. I got it on Steam and playing Kenshi reminded me of it. What mods should I play it with to get the most out of it? Or just vanilla is fine?

Iā€™ve never played M&B with any version of a mod and didnā€™t even know it had mods. So.

1 Like

Yeah vanilla M&B is great on its own.

There are a lot! Total conversions from lord of the rings and game of thrones to Japanese and American settings. But what Iā€™m more asking about are the gameplay and rebalancing mods. Was just wondering if any were sort of necessary

Obviously not!

Itā€™s a HARD game, though; you may want to play your first time through with savescumming enabled, until you really work out how combat works and a viable early game strategy.

Oh I savescum whenever I can - I was around in the 90s after all - and I have no problems with that. Itā€™s part of what I like about the abstraction of videogames vs real life. You can go back and try different things. Correct mistakes or make even worse mistakes and see what happens. To me thatā€™s the spice of virtual life.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard Prophesy of Pendor being highly recommended.

2 Likes

i just got an xbox one x for some fucking reason and iā€™ve been playing a lot of halo mcc lately. turns out halo is still pretty fucking good! the remasters they did of halo 1 and 2 are kind of ugly though. coincidentally if you have an xbone and want to play halo you should probably hit me up!!

6 Likes