Games You Played Today Classic Mini

They’re pretty sturdy, too.

5 Likes

Trying to make contact with Weird Arrow Band, I go on a winding, hallucinatory journey across the red-tinged night of an isolated island, guided by the disembodied voice of a (dead?) cult leader. The only landmarks are the cult’s shattered holy symbols.

In the middle I pause to loot some toolboxes and stray piles of duct tape, this last until the DUCT TAPE report for the location reads 6/6.

2 Likes

It tickles me how many aspects of the singular focused Far Cry 2 Ubisoft has tried to make series staples, like “contextualizes statement on violence” and “dream mission”, and their stubborn repetition only makes their clumsy committee-driven execution seem more odd. It’s like Swedish jokes told in English.

1 Like

Just a PSA: All the Diablo heads itt should try out Path of Exile when they’re done (it’s now on PS4 in addition to Steam)

I return to Weird Arrow Band’s fort with The Book, an artifact of their lost (?) founder, and am allowed inside. I follow the silent doorperson deep into their settlement as surrounding Weird Arrow People watch and whisper “A nonbeliever!” and “The Book! It’s been found!” in startled and awed tones. A pile of flashing, lootable gears lies next to a fence on the way so I steal them.

Sounds pretty much like your average D&D adventure

Weird Arrow People send me North into the clouds of pink, choking hallucination fog to find Kurtz Their Founder. (Current Leader secretly wants evidence of his death so they can move on.) Apparently Founder was the leader of the Carefully Not-White-Nationalist Prepper Cult from Far Cry 5 and Weird Arrow People is what’s become of them.

I find him! He’s alive! I would like to kill him? I’m not allowed. Instead he feeds me a Hallucination Apple that grows on a cherry tree (Our Miracle!) and I fight a Nuclear Bear first with arrows and then with Powerful Fists in what is described as a struggle against and purification of the Darkness in my own Soul.

KurtzTheir Founder is returned to Weird Arrow People and I have special status among them. Also some additions to my Perk Menu courtesy Miracle Apple? That’s nice, I guess. So far this whole thing seems to be a justification, in fiction, of the Crazy Extremist Villain of Far Cry 5? The one who’s based on reactionary white nationalist shitheads while carefully not being a white nationalist, because that would be too uncomfortable?

Really makes the settler fantasia of the post-nuclear setting pop.

5 Likes

the pig is still good tho

17 Likes

I sorta want to play that Stone Age one

Played it for a couple hours. It seemed kinda cool

I’ve only played 2 (which could really do with a remaster) and Blood Dragon. Been so put off by the series that I really haven’t wanted to try out anything else.

i played and finish beast wrestler on the genesis

it is misunderstood

22 Likes

Yeah I mean Primal or what it was called didn’t really hold my attention because of all the series trappings like huge world and lots of markers on it, so I don’t really know. The focus on melee weapons was cool and the atmosphere was nice. But I don’t think it was much different from other entries in the series so if you don’t like those…

1 Like

the dynamic narrative of tom clancy’s the division 2

I’ve been glued into MTG:A lately. Standard is such a great format in 2019

2 Likes

this is fetish art

3 Likes

who knew the only thing I wanted from motorsport manager was to see the little cars actually on the track while keeping almost everything from the mobile version the same

also who knew I liked motorsport manager so much

I have no idea why

(i’ve been playing motorsport manager on the switch)

2 Likes

I have always wanted to see more of this game but it’s been so inscrutable every time I catch it scrolling through rom files and give it another go, briefly forgetting that I’ve been here before

you can replace the soundtrack of dynasty warriors gundam: reborn with music from your ps3, so when there’s an intense battle scene happening between you and ramba ral this plays:

my battle results screen is set to deceptacon by le tigre

9 Likes

I am 16 or 17 hours into Steins;Gate and I think that might qualify as self-harm. I wish it was on PS4 instead of PS3 as then I’d have a couple dozen images that would each be the worst text I’ve ever seen in a game.

The pacing is… well I think in other games I’d be at the 8 or so hour point instead.

It managed to not be too gropy for the first dozen or so hours, then it got so uncomfortably creepy in a scene I think was played for laughs.

I feel like in time travel stories one has to try extra hard to keep everything straight and even then it is very easy for a few plot holes/logical inconsistencies to slip through. This game did not try hard and is swimming in them.

This is a side effect of this and the glacial pacing but they are all so dumb. There are things that if not blindingly obvious are at least things that someone should at least question, and it so rarely happens. Something happens 30 minutes or so in that is likely rather significant, resembles things that happen later and directly involves several of them and while occasionally mentioned has been virtually unaddressed since.

…I want to see how they intend to end it >_>.

4 Likes