Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Games have the interesting ability to do cutting satire by making you the villain; I always love that. In this case it can probably be traced back to Papers, Please?

2 Likes

crackdown made you be the villain, but didn’t tell you until the end, when the game is like “well you’ve just been jumping around the city mass murdering every ethnic minority, what did you think was happening here?”

5 Likes

Don’t think I’ll ever get tired of British satire of America cops

blaster master zero is so boring and lifeless

the original is so much better it’s not even funny

can’t decide whether i wanna play brain lord or secret of mana

1 Like

play secret of evermore

3 Likes

no

4 Likes

to clarify, it’s not on my snes classic and i dont have a working computer to put it on there right now

oh well then secret of mana then

1 Like

your snes classic has brain lord???

i hacked it

2 Likes

yo, you gotta play brain lord first, man.

6 Likes

did not expect a game called “Brain Lord” to have such a city pop esque soundtrack

that bass

1 Like

BLAd3-e1505020270708

11 Likes

It’s for brain lords. And what do all ‘lords of brain’ know with their towering intellect? City pop rules.

5 Likes

i think brain lord is a pretty OK action game, and i can think of worse games to spend your time playing. i’d probably play it before secret of mana if you’ve never played either. if you enjoy and appreciate 16-bit action RPGs, then you’ll probably have a decent like, 2 hours playing this.

it just seems so… proggy

japanese brain lord box art is pretty cool.

BRAIN LOAD

8 Likes

I never finished the PS1 Blaster Master game, either, though I liked it. (I didn’t like it nearly as much as the NES original, though.)

It’s actually good to hear that Blaster Master Zero isn’t very good, because it’s been the only Switch game that really interested me (at least potentially, since I knew little about it).

I just now watched the intro, and adding a lot of text (or any text, for that matter) sure isn’t an improvement. And apparently you talk to other characters, too? No, thanks. I prefer the lonely version.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted to check that out but will probably get to Mystic Ark first. That art looks a lot like the person who did Arislan, or Lemnear…?