Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Finally finished The Quiet Man.

Decided to just read a plot summary rather than replay The Quiet Man: No More Underwater Xylophones Edition and hoo boy.

3 Likes

Five hours in, Iā€™m just now learning that your magirock replenishes after using jewelry. Previously, I thought you simply had a limited amount of magic spells you could cast in the game, so I had been hoarding those rocks up forā€¦something. Hopefully, with this knowledge, the combat will become somewhat less monotonous.

1 Like

I vaguely wished we had recorded the sleep deprived insanity of Quiet Bumpass because we had a whole headcanon going on and now I canā€™t remember any of it

1 Like

As for Blood & Wine, it keeps getting better, it is definitely better than the main game and learned good lessons from it. CDPR is becoming The Good Bioware and Iā€™m here for it

1 Like

I am one trophy away from getting the platinum in Agents of Mayhem.

I remember someone was an Ikea Repairman. There was a dude who really wanted to be in like Goodfellas, but was clearly not in the mafia. I am betting it will come back once we start in on it again.

That being said, I am going to work on figuring out more recording stuff for Branson.

1 Like

I spent all Dark Souls Remastered trying to get Solaire to be a good person and I borked it. Also, uh, fuck this Izalith place it is so gd bright and ugly. I kinda like that itā€™s not Euro Dark Fantasy anymore here, but likeā€¦ it still is pretty underdeveloped

(I have never beaten Dark Souls)

1 Like

Izalith is a pretty common point of criticism, yeah.

Now imagine it with like 4x as many dragon butts, thatā€™s how it was on release

and yeah you have to have leveled up in the pyromancy convenant before going to izalith to save solaire, which is not something most people will have done

at least his bad ending is very apropos

1 Like

I started the Age of the Dark because I lost my friend Solaire. My sun was gone. It was time to leave the Age of Gods and suns behind.

8 Likes

i was playing this again last night and found some things iā€™d never seen before. Theyā€™re not plot relevant but spoilered: I found a gigantic (weā€™re talking 6 stories tall) sword embedded in a mountain. Nearby was a bear seemingly living in a lean-to??? He had a sword too.

BotW is perfect in its magnitude for me, in that I do not feel the need to see everything, but every time I turn it on I will still find something Iā€™ve never seen before.

6 Likes

Like Shadow of the Colossus, I think itā€™s better if you quit just before the cusp of explanations because both games are very obvious with where theyā€™re heading and really want the illusion of a web of possibilities more than the closed-off reality

3 Likes

The bear in the lean-to had a sword?! Where was this?

Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean is a good assed game. Check out those linescrolling floors and all that paralax on even like individual chairs and shit, foreground objects. Jumping suplexes, and universal blocking, and big thick sprite chunky meat boys. You can play as the bosses once you beat them. Selectable routes with live updating minimap overlay = nonlinear synergy. Just bursting at the seams in 1992.

Thrilled 2 play, but sad 2 have missed for so long. I refuse to credit feed this game.

7 Likes

well, that is to say, the lean-to had a sword in it, and the bear came from the lean-to. but the bear was not actively wielding a sword. in fact, the bear probably just ate the person who had the sword before but i really like to imagine that the bear was wielding the sword just before i got there

3 Likes

I nearly completed a robot named fight a second time but I died two rooms before the final boss

blood and wine was the straw that broke the camelā€™s back for me. iā€™d played through most of the main story and the hearts of stone expansion and i got a few hours into blood and wine and suddenly just felt like ā€œiā€™ve been playing this game for a thousand fucking years, i donā€™t want to play it any more!ā€
so i didnā€™t
it is good though
i guess it didnā€™t help that i loved hearts of stoneā€™s story and it had a cool ending too

2 Likes

oh yeah i played DmC today and iā€™m definitely going to beat it. i wish it came out post-trump so its ideas about what demons are would have better figures attached to them. adam curtis presents dmc 2

its very stupid and almost works, whereas most games dont work at all and are more than very stupid

combichrist is good. noisia sucks. why was every ps3 game horny for noisia

4 Likes

I canā€™t wait for you to know the game like the back of your hand!*

- the point I stopped was when it got heavy into use Black attacks on Black enemies and White Attacks on White enemies. Not a race problem just a real stupid complication to a battle system that did nothing. And then two cutscenes in a row characters refered to knowing things like the back of their hand. But I have a real thing for slagging on Ninja Theoryā€™s writing. ā€¦

**-ā€œthis is it this is where the slave ship crashed.ā€

1 Like

what even is the ninja theory

2 Likes