Games You Played Today Classic Mini

OSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII–

Uhh idk I’m just jumping around in a save my housemate played through and he has like most of the orbs and half the hidden orbs and I feel like a hero every time I find one

1 Like

It’ll say MAX next to the skill on the left. Each one gets a special ability at max level. Max agility gets you an upgrade to your thrusters where you can just hold the button down and thrust up for a good moment or so until cutting out and having to land again.

Oh I’m talking about crackdown 1 lol. I’ve been also watching my housemate play crackdown 3 tho and yeah he has the full level thruster

1 Like

Oh this explains a lot of your enthusiasm. Not to say FH4 isn’t amazing, but yeah, everything on it I have seen has been “this is Forza Horizon, just better” and that is cool and all, but I have wondered why it blew you away so much.

yeah, it’s just the other forza/horizons didn’t appeal to me (I tried the demo of 3 and I found it laying on the power fantasy way too thick, there were too many numbers going up, and the scripted races weren’t nearly as immediately interesting) so when I finally do commit I get like a decade (or two) of mechanical improvements all at once

2 Likes

something about the british setting made the microsoftian overproduction really work in like a coked up club promoter sort of way after “welcome to australia” turned me right off

and driving a beemer up a winding mountain road through a village in the night is really great

2 Likes

the massively multiplayer horizon + skate. + mirror’s edge crossover event game is the only justifiable goalpost for the western gamedev industry

5 Likes

The Division 2: it’s The Division 1 but with the bonus that the area available in the beta lets me walk the path I take to work and I get to marvel at how semi-accurate they got things (including using WMATA’s actually Metro logo; funnily enough, you can tell when they started making the game because the metro system map in the game has the newest line but the operating times from before when that one train filled with smoke and they shut the whole thing down for a day)

for anyone wondering: no, DC doesn’t have that many Asian food places outside of Chinatown

2 Likes

I mean

right now I feel like if I wanted to play a right wing fever dream I’d just finish Shadow Complex

hey, I’ll have you know I stormed the NewseumViewpoint Museum of News Media to stop another right wing group from broadcasting fake news

we saved the Declaration of Independence from the Archives too

3 Likes

mutant year zero is an immensely likable little game

it’s like if you crossed new xcom with an old jrpg

What about the zillion sub shop/Chinese food places

Yakuza 6 is pretty good y’all.

1 Like

So I’ve been trying Warframe again yesterday and I finally want to play The Cool Quest Everyone Always Talks About but it’s just so weird how the questing in this game works. I have to scan drones in the Grineer Sealab to unlock it? If you’re thinking “I don’t know what that means” then welcome to the club, it’s not explained in the game and it doesn’t make any sense either, it’s just something completely unconnected.

I think I’m under-geared for it anyway because this Sealab is on Uranus and I can’t quite clear a level there.

Time to read the wiki again I guess. This is not just a Warframe problem though. Most of these games as a service games are so slap dashed together. They don’t have any coherence or proper guided user experience.

It’s very charming! Rarely felt fucked by RNG like I often would in a modern X-com (if you expose yourself to enough risk you can get guaranteed shots, which is :+1:) I fell off when they started throwing mind controllers @ me like it was going out of style but it doesn’t take much for me to Halt Game.

I hope they can port it to switch or something, it seemed to land with a thud given the relatively decent budget but it’s Scandinavian so hopefully that’s not death for the studio

and it does feel like a scaled up version of like, a really good linear GBA game with modern UE4 production. I’d encourage everyone to spend the $12 on this month’s humble to get it

I’d been looking at it for a while, likely will buy and give an hour to see if it moves up in my queue.

Oh snap there’s a demo, acquiring!

SSX 2012 was too early for the dream.

1 Like

i fixed my desktop and my current videogame agenda is: playing that sweet ass looking cover shooter arcade game i think @Rudie posted a while ago