Games You Played Today Classic Mini

This game has too many buttons to play on a keyboard wtf

lshift + lctrl for an important movement function? fuck

of course I can rebind them but to what

But I wanna get you started!

I remember I used to follow the dev back in the day and was genuinely interested in Iconoclasts, but really have no idea what to make of the finished product.

In what ways do you consider it underbaked? Narratively, mechanically?

every PC FPS defaults to crouch on lctrl

Apex at least has the decency to have two default binds for crouching (lctrl is toggle, c is hold)

Sure, but most PC FPSes donā€™t say ā€œokay now press lshift+lctrl at the same timeā€ as the second thing you do in the tutorial

Well that was cool, the first game I played everyone on my team left the instant the game started

do they say ā€œpress shift+insert to pasteā€

3 Likes

I donā€™t know, Half-Life gets pretty close to saying that and itā€™s twenty years old

Does crouching and sprinting do something in hl1? I had no idea

HL has the long jump, which is done much like it is in Mario 64, where you hit crouch and jump

gordon even says wahoo

10 Likes

Whatā€™s on space?

you also donā€™t get the HL1 long jump until near the end of the game itā€™s weird

sigh, ok

Crouch (lctrl, pinky) and jump (space, thumb) are much, much, much easier to hit than crouch (lctrl, pinky) and sprint (lshift, pinky)

ring finger

itā€™s not just for rings

or use the hold bind ( C ) for sliding

But run is a toggle; you donā€™t have to press them at the same time!

1 Like

You can also bind the crouch hold (ctrl) to left alt and activate it with your thumb, if that helps

Warframe uses the same sprint-crouch combo as Apex and you to hit it way more often, constantly even

hereā€™s my hot take but back when Konjak accounced the early version of Ivory Springs before heā€™e finished Noitu Love. Noitu Love 1 and 2 are both incredible sidescrolling beatemups with great kinetic energy and really fun art direction. tl

when you add in just how likeā€¦sublimely good Legend of Princess feels to play and constant rejiggering of Ivory Springs / The Iconoclasts through the years and several different demos it seemed like Iconoclasts was shaping up to be something really good
itā€™s justā€¦

the final version feels like a mid 2000ā€™s anime inspired reboot of a classic franchise or something. like a goemon neo or whatever fangame. itā€™s uninspired anime as hell look is identical to dozens of other games i feel and itā€™s just not that engaging to play

4 Likes

yeah itā€™s like a megaman zero fangame

the problem is it is boring, but it looks real nice imo