Games You Played Today Classic Mini

Also, I got an invite to The Division 2. Someone going to play that?

Since Apex Legends is on multiple platforms, does anyone know if it supports cross-platform play?

2 Likes

Itā€™s planned but not ready as of yet.

1 Like

I played for 5 minutes on my Xbone and promptly walked back over to my PC and hugged it

2 Likes

It feels great on PC and ā€œgood for a consoleā€ on consoles.

My internet was too laggy to really give it a fair shake, but it seems OK.

That bit in the tutorial where you just slide forever down that hillā€¦damn I miss Titanfall.

Itā€™s a weird game to come to, having spent a ton of time with Titanfall 2. I heard a Devotion firing in the distance and immediately thought ā€œah, gotta get around that dudeā€™s A-Wall,ā€ but, nope. Not in this game, anyway.

1 Like

honestly, playing on PC, you can immediately see and feel all the UIā€¦ not simplification, but not quite streamlining either? they did for consoles that feels good regardless because it lets you get down to the nitty gritty of actually playing instead of having to do too much inventory management (though the goddamn Destiny mouse-cursor-but-itā€™s-on-a-stick thing needs to go die).

also have I talked about how horny I am for the pinging system they put in

this makes me think I have extremely poor hearing, I donā€™t think I can distinguish any gunshot in any game from any other

1 Like

Nah, youā€™re probably alright. The Devotion is pretty unique. Itā€™s the one that ramps up with a whine.

Also - yeah the pinging system is extremely good.

secret of mana remake is pretty fun so far. the shopkeepers still do that silly dance in 3d

2 Likes

Got Baten Kaitos running at 30 FPS in Dolphin finally. Apparently all I had to do was switch from OpenGL to DirectX.

BotW runs at a striking 10 FPS in Cemu on this machine. Itā€™s still gorgeous, but Iā€™m just going to have to dig up my wii u and play it for real (on a tiny screen)

4 Likes

I am fiddling around with BotW this instant! Because the new Cemu version dropped and itā€™s supposed to run super fast. I get a locked 20 fps and my GPU is at around 30% usage. So there must be something wrong. Trying to figure it out.

I really donā€™t know why it runs so slow, word on the internet is that AMD cards donā€™t do OpenGL very well and itā€™ll be better with Vulkan eventually. That said, the official FAQ is like ā€œno ur wrongā€ so

I dunno

What GPU do you have? Iā€™m using a Radeon RX480. I peak at 15 FPS.

The Destiny UI is fantastic for a game like Destiny where weapon and inventory management usually happens between encounters or during matchmaking/loading screens. It is absolutely worthless for anything time-sensitive which is why it is a terrible choice for BR games. The Blackout inventory screen did something similar, which was baffling at the time, but you never actually use it because the D-pad quick equip UI is much more suited to the pace of the game.

Cemu is usually CPU-bound unless youā€™re trying for a very high resolution boost.

2 Likes

I should be good as I have an NVidia card, a GTX 960, which really isnā€™t exactly a beast but it should do a little bit better than this I believe? I set up everything like BSoD Gaming, the emulation Jesus, said and Iā€™m locked at 20. If it was fluctuating a bit Iā€™d accept it as my cardā€™s/CPUā€™s limit but itā€™s not. One thing that could be the cause might be that Iā€™m using a super old version of BotW and the FPS++ mod just isnā€™t working with that. Might need the latest version of the game.

It seems like CPU is the limiting factor for Cemu though so maybe itā€™s not even your graphics card. Have you checked your CPU usage numbers? You might need to play with the settings there. I only have two cores and with that youā€™re supposed to use ā€œSinglecore-Recompilerā€ in the ini settings but I found that ā€œDualcore-Recompilerā€ is faster for meā€¦ Maybe that does something for you too

Yeah but there I am at like 68%ā€¦ Maybe the task manager numbers are just wrong, wouldnā€™t be the first time

itā€™s because you only have two cores. Windowsā€™ scheduler doesnā€™t follow Cemuā€™s recompiler settings to the letter ā€“ itā€™ll put additional threads here and there as it can ā€“ but your 68% isnā€™t the same as someone with four coresā€™ 68%

1 Like

i got 4 cores (and 8 logical processors?? what are computers) so like

what should i do felix

what should i do

install Cemuhook and toggle some settings? idk I canā€™t speak to AMD OpenGL and I donā€™t know how shader-bound it would be in that case but you can at least play with frameskip that way