Games You Played Today Classic Mini

this is good advice

i did the first mission on hard and got an upgraded rapier that’s just incredibly powerful and made fighting some of the enemies that appear later in the game a lot less overwhelming.

i’m talking about the deroys. fuck those things

my memories of playing this on original XB were similar. the game is not awful but it also isn’t even just okay. i remember it being fun to play at times, but then at the end of the game, it devolves into a 3rd-person shooter, which it clearly does not do very well.

what is strangest about the game is that the American studio wanted to make the game like classic Final Fight, but Capcom didn’t let them. the sense i got from the game’s “Arcade Mode” (or Classic Mode? i don’t remember what they call it) is that their take probably would not have been too amazing. also, i remember that mode has no continues or one life or something, making it basically next to impossible to complete.

i think it’s a shame Final Fight never got a true arcade sequel in the style of Aliens VS. Predator. oh well, perhaps in another timeline.

1 Like

After putting a few hours into Slydris 2 what it has gained in accessibility (and removal of some elements that could arbitrarily push you into a failure state) has perhaps done too much to smooth off the rough edges. I think I really prefer the former.

Hi it’s me, Mikey, the resident Radiangames Stan

1 Like

are you implying I should stop playing the game I enjoy

1 Like

SelectButton
Implying I should stop playing the game I enjoy

6 Likes

…it was though

I wasn’t expecting my computer to run Sunset Overdrive at max settings but, uh, it does. And hey, it’s still very good! Though it makes for one less reason to own an Xbox One, I guess.

Also played some ZER ORANGER and everyone was right, that’s a pretty good game.

5 Likes

Except they are heavily linear experiences and very are not roguelike in any way.

That’s all I wanted out of Below! Damn it!

tbh I’m more tired of heavily linear experiences (at least per the Ico/Half-Life 2 state of the art) than I am of roguelikes; videogames’ standard of immaculate composition isn’t really doing it for me these days

but I think I also play and enjoy more regular-ass ten hour single player action games than most people here so it’s not the linearity I have a problem with per se

I don’t care what you want, Felix.

3 Likes

welllllll I think there’s substantial evidence that we’re hitting a dead end of that design philosophy and I’d rather not see indie darlings still chasing after it

2 Likes

):<

1 Like

Select Button
I don’t care what you want, Felix.

17 Likes

I’m afraid someone has to take up the burden.

play more arcade games, felix

1 Like

Systems play is so very very good for action; we always understood it was ideal for strategy and tactics but I’m so happy Spelunky unlocked the door to fast-paced systemically-organized fightin’

2 Likes

I played one of the lesser known roguelike search action games recently, and it was clearly obsessed with SotN. I stopped 40 minutes in because I died and also I was being absurdly mean to it. OH A LEDGE TOO HIGH I WONDER??? OH JEEZ GUESS I DON’T HAVE A SLIDE POWERUP YET! Plong Plonk level up freeze. Would you say that you have ever read a book game creator? Oh my an elevator to level 2?? Now you got me intrigued video game.

My favorite was “I don’t talk to janitors in real life why would I talk to one in a video game?”

I agree basically. Maybe should have tried one of the ones everyone keeps talking about instead of one that fell immediately into obscurity and now I am afraid to say the name and personally ruin the developers already bad day because no one like it.

3 Likes

i beat the orphan of kos on my first go, which i have never done before

also figured out how to skip directly to isz chalice dungeons, so doing arcane gem runs is less of a pain

7 Likes

Well, that was a fun rumpus of an EDF session. Booji and I have very similar ideas of how Wing Divers are supposed to fight: Up Close and Personal. My hands aren’t used to this anymore!

5 Likes

After seeing quite a bit of footage of it on YouTube I bit the bullet and am now downloading Apex Legends. Mostly because I enjoyed Titanfall 2 so much, not because I have any interest in BR anymore.

Do you want to play sometime? I’m BLUEBLACKPURPLE on Origin. That also goes for anyone else, just add me on Origin and fill out my friends list :wink:

@Felix is your Titanfall love strong enough to give this a go?