Games You Played Today: Actress Again: Current Code (Part 1)

i had the same idea!

3 Likes

Oh damn! :open_mouth: I think it’d be a really cool approach but I can’t see Square moving away from stylised realism any time soon.

You have excellent taste.

1 Like

It’s me! I played through the japanese version far before I was comfortably fluent. Which was okay. There is a lot of nonsense about midocondria just like PE!

Third Birthday Points

The Level Design (cover shooter) - Battle System Design (prototype modern Square) and Enemy Design (lol lots of flying enemies that just ignore the cover) are really badly mismatched. This was made in peak S-E where every thing was compartmentalized. It’s three well executed flavors that weren’t meant for each other.

Also your “health” is how many pieces of clothing you are still wearing. Aya got some Benjamin Button Disease so she’s aging backwards (jerkoff motion.)

It’s a big pile of nonsense that I have fond memories of Oh My God I played it 9 years ago.

2 Likes

el shaddai is the only game in which this is acceptable practice

6 Likes

Truly select button dot net is a fine website with distinquished tastes.

3 Likes

o7

has this changed at all post-ffxv? like was development reorganized for ff7r?

the 3rd birthday has an unlockable mode if you beat the game 50 times to unlock the shower scene and then watch that 10 times that makes the camera focus entirely on aya’s ass. it is an extraordinarily bad videogame.

5 Likes

I couldn’t get past the first boss because I struggled with the controls, though I might just suck at videogames. I don’t feel like I was really missing out on anything based on what played though.

PE is one of my favorite PSX games, maybe I should play II. Or maybe I could see if I can find my old clear save and try the Chrysler tower part out hmm

1 Like

This is complicated! They reorganized latePs360-early4one but FF7R has all the sores and blemishes of that era (where I am gonna hold the conspiracy theory this thing have been in development for 15 years and is just a pile of different versions.)

edit: LOL I tried googling for the infamous “cobblestone girl” and the 4th result is fucking @Father.Torque

4 Likes

extremely here for a psychedelic 3D cel-shaded Amano FF game in VR

1 Like

i played through sotn for the first time since the xbla release

it’s great even if it’s way too easy

playing as richter on the xbox one dpad is grim

2 Likes

Hell yeah pushing that podcast twitch synergy SEO

1 Like

I have to say something terrible!
Kentucky route zero is terribly boring.

Yes, I love the bar section in Episode 3 (and Junebug performance) and there are some other decent sections. And I love the esthetics and it’s nice and surreal.

But it’s so boring at some point! Episode 1 and 3 are the nicest, imo.
Ep4 is really a dip, I cannot stand it… :confused:

I love visionary stuff normally!

And i think this game is really stylish!
But actually playing it is really boring.

5 Likes

A pointless and nonsensical shaggy dog story set to mildly-interesting visuals

2 Likes

It’s really dry and works well with months in between episodes, discussions about it over coffee and donuts and nibbling on the interstitial media. There’s a lot in there as long as you keep digging.

My favorite is the phone interlude

1 Like

I made an environment in Hammer that looked really cool and interesting within the editor, but the scale was totally off when I went to test the map. It was almost like running around a rats map in cs, except not as cool.

So I restarted with a new map trying to keep in mind proportions and thinking more about work flow and, let me tell you!, it was very satisfying to build this staircase that is 1) climable at all 2) can be descended without flying off the steps and 3) can be easily modified.

Today I played a game on the stairs I made!

This joy may be unparalleled.

12 Likes

y’all are both forgetting about illbleed which I will defend till I die

5 Likes

you have to really like the writing for kentucky route zero to work. I think I enjoyed it more because I was really high for like 70% of my playthrough

idk if that’s a criticism of a compliment

1 Like

If I could get a dreamcast emulator working, I’d jump to play this, Blue Stinger and Sword of the Berserk.

1 Like